cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class C Gulf Stream 4230 Sprinter Motorhome

vjswhippet
Explorer
Explorer
I'm reading thru all the manuals and paperwork I received when I purchased this motorhome used a couple weeks ago. It's a 2007. Does anyone have one like this? I'm reading about the hot water bypass and an antifreeze tank. Where is this antifreeze tank located on yours ? I'm used to my trailer and just turning the bypass valves and sticking the hose in the gallon of antifreeze and turning on the water pump. The directions aren't clear to me in the operating manual for Prevent-A-Freeze
Vickie Smith
Kansas City area
2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS
11 REPLIES 11

vjswhippet
Explorer
Explorer
Vickie Smith
Kansas City area

vjswhippet
Explorer
Explorer
The pump and fresh water holding tank are on the driver's side. The WH and bypass switch are on the passenger side. From what I have read the antifreeze should be closer to the pump because it is heavier than water and won't have to work as hard if it's closer. I have a trailer that I've winterized for 15 years. The antifreeze hose is right off the water tank. I'm just not finding it in this little motorhome. I'm beginning to wonder if they just blew the water out with air to winterize.
Vickie Smith
Kansas City area

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
vjswhippet wrote:
...This is an antifreeze tank to winterize listed in the Prevent A Freeze manual...

OK... Have you found 1. The Pump? and 2. The Water Heater?

Daughter had a Fleetwood TT where the Pump was hidden behind a panel secured in place with screws. Found it by making it run and listening for it. The antifreeze inlet was near the pump. Maybe this Tank is near one of those two, both involved in winterization.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
vjswhippet wrote:
Dusty R here is a link to the instructions that came with my Class C. If you look on the Questions & Answers page it talks about the Antifreeze tank

https://www.lancecamper.com/docs/manuals/RMV336Manual.pdf

OK.
Some owners after draining the fresh water tank, close the FW drain and dump rv antifreeze, into the fresh water tank.
Many add a selector valve with a short hose to the line between the FW tank and the pump.
Some just blow the FW lines out with an air compressor.
It appears that your MH has a tank to hold the RV antifreeze. I would look for it near the FW pump.
Thanks for the info. I've never seen or heard of a system like that.
Good Luck with your new rig.

Dusty

vjswhippet
Explorer
Explorer
J-d. Not the LP tank. That is huge and easy to find. This is an antifreeze tank to winterize listed in the Prevent A Freeze manual. But thanks for researching for me.
Vickie Smith
Kansas City area

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Found a generic Gulf Stream Owner Manual. It talks about LP Gas starting around Page 25 but no details on things like "Where It Is..."

vjswhippet
Explorer
Explorer
Dusty R here is a link to the instructions that came with my Class C. If you look on the Questions & Answers page it talks about the Antifreeze tank

https://www.lancecamper.com/docs/manuals/RMV336Manual.pdf
Vickie Smith
Kansas City area

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
The LPG tank should be visible looking up from the bottom along the sides of the coach. Should also be accessible through an access door through the side, again down low.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Post back when you find it. I've never heard of an antifreeze tank, on an RV.

Dusty

vjswhippet
Explorer
Explorer
it's a Suburban 6 Gallon LP/Pilot Water Heater SW6D. I'll ask at the Dealer where I'm going to fill propane. Maybe they will know
Vickie Smith
Kansas City area

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Does this have a motor-aide setup for the water heater, where a heat exchanger up front in a heater hose transfers heat to a small closed system that heats water in the regular water heater via a coil of pipes in it? If so, it may have a antifreeze tank for the closed system, which would have nothing to do with winterizing the water system.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.