cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coach heat on 2004 Winnebago/Itasca 32V

Fairway9
Explorer
Explorer
Has any one had to replace the fan motor on the coach heater, and how do you get at this fan motor?
6 REPLIES 6

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear of your big expense. When our fan went on our Adventurer, we opted not to have that floor heat and the cab heat was enough.
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

Budsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to update on my water heater situation....It took about 4 hours to take out the water heater....Had to disconnect the gas line, water lines and water hoses out of the radiator of the RV motor....2 on these hoses go to the water heater "motoraide" which heats the water in the water heater when the engine is running...the hot water runs through a single pipe through the heater and heats the water..The pipe is in the rear of the WH...The other two radiater hoses go through a heat exchanger in a box in behind the WH aaand is controlled by the switch on the dash called the "coach heater"..This turns on a fan in the heat exchanger and blows hot air in the floor duckwork through the rv..This is the fan motor that I replaced for 350.00...All told it was put bck together and all lines hooked back up with another 2 hours labor..Replaced the thermostat and heat element in the water heater..Total cost about 900.00....

Budsmith
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the process of replacing the heat element on my water heater on a 03 33v Winnie....Having it done by the on site Rv maint man...The coach heater wa making some noise so I am having it fixed while the water heater is out..( Heater has to be taken out to replace heating element)...Found that the 12 volt motor was bad...replacement cost of that thing is 350.00!!!!Now I am trapped and its either put it back in not fixed or replace while the heater is out...Elected to replace it and now waiting for parts ...Will update...

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
We had the under floor heater (part of the Motoraid system) replaced in our 2001 Winnebago Adventurer 32V. The entire unit cost $250.00 plus 2 hours labor at the Winnebago factory in Forest City IA.

If you have this model motorhome replacement of the entire unit may be your best choice. The fan blade slips on the motor shaft and eventually interferes with the housing that holds the radiator element. At first it makes noise and eventually blows the fuse. The fan can be moved back to it's original location, but there's no guarantee it'll stay there. The whole unit has to be removed to replace the fan. In this particular model the only way to get to it is remove the water heater. It's a miserable job and not cost effective if the fan slides on the shaft again.

However if you have the longer models there is an access panel under the coach that allows you to remove the heating unit without having to remove the water heater. In that case just re centering the fan might be a far less expensive option. If you can do it yourself there would be little or no expense.
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

Fairway9
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, should have clarified, the Motoraid under floor heater.

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
We need a little more information. Are you talking about the motor for defroster/heater, the under floor Motoraid heater, the AC/heat pump, or the propane furnace?
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer