cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coachman Freelander 2700RS Question

fortytwo
Explorer
Explorer
I've looked at a couple of the Freelanders with the Rear Bed slide. Like the floorplan, but have reservations about the co-pilot seat. It looks awful cramped. The dinette bench looks like it limits the rear travel of the co-pilot seat and virtually eliminates the ability to recline it.

Anyone have one, or experience with one? How do you find the useability of the co-pilot seat? Would it be possible to remove that dinette bench and just use the forward facing one to enable the co-pilot seat to have more room?

Now have a Sprinter based Class C and the spacious cockpit is one of it's finest features. The V-10 in the Ford eats a lot of the space available during travel. Limiting the travel of the seats really hurts an already marginal cockpit.

Thanks,

Wes
Wes
"A beach house isn't just real estate. It's a state of mind." Pole Sitter in Douglas Adams MOSTLY HARMLESS
2 REPLIES 2

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if they make one on the Chevy chassis or not, but it's got a less cramped cab, and may have better driving manners out of the box.

Jim, "Mo' coffee!"
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whatever you do, be sure to sit it in for a while to decide. Get in it, out of it, walk around, back in, etc.... Have people there you will travel with to help decide too.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.