cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coachmen mirada electrical issue

lchism
Explorer
Explorer
COACH BATTERY DOES NOT CHARGE WITH MOTOR RUNNING BUT DOES CHARGE ON SHORE POWER AND GENERATOR POWER. I THINK THERE IS A FUSE OR RELAY CALLED A "SHORTSTOP" SOME WHERE IN THE CIRCUIT THAT IS BLOWN. I CAN NOT FIND IT. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO LOOK? 2003 COACHMEN MIRADA DS330 FORD CHASISS. THANKS IN ADVANCE. EMAIL IS LCHISM1@VERIZON.NET
6 REPLIES 6

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Battery control center on class A rigs are normally located under the hood driver's side in box.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

lchism
Explorer
Explorer
Many thanks, will try to find my battery control center, sorry about the all caps, now off!!

lchism
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Locate your battery control center.
Many have a charge relay that energizes after the chassis battery reaches a specific level. In my case it is normally 15-20 seconds. My battery control center has a drawing on cover and lists the fuse for this function.
I had issues with the original charge relay getting corroded internally. If you locate your charge relay, measure voltage on each side of large contact posts to ground. Then start rig to see if voltages are the same.

Many thanks, will try to find my battery control center, sorry about the all caps, now off!!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Locate your battery control center.
Many have a charge relay that energizes after the chassis battery reaches a specific level. In my case it is normally 15-20 seconds. My battery control center has a drawing on cover and lists the fuse for this function.
I had issues with the original charge relay getting corroded internally. If you locate your charge relay, measure voltage on each side of large contact posts to ground. Then start rig to see if voltages are the same.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Using all caps is considered "shouting".

In my class C there was a 60 amp fuse from the chassis to the house battery bank. I kept blowing it, so I caused it to be replaced with an auto reset 50 amp circuit breaker.

In the first year of my ownership, the relay also failed with burned contacts. I've since added a second charging path that is also on a breaker rather than a fuse.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Hi and welcome, Please turn off your caps-lock as it's considered yelling/rude.

Cheers,
Scott