cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cover for 31K Minnie Winnie

abrister
Explorer
Explorer
I need some options for a cover that will protect motorhome from weather/sun/hail. My crazy city ordinance has decided that an overhead cover is not allowed within the city limits although I have 2 plus acres to put it on. Anyone that has good experience with covers would be great. It is my wife and I and I'm sure that I will be doing it most of the time by myself so ease of handle is important.
Bo and Jo Brister
Retired U.S. Army "Sapper"
6 Furry family members (Elphie, Army, Cinnabun, Maxx, Rosci and Manu)
2017 Minnie Winnie Class C
"Freedom is not free, it is because of our brave Military that we have Freedom today"
4 REPLIES 4

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
With over 2 acres to work with, have you considered building a garage or barn to accommodate the motor home and more? If I were to build a garage/barn structure, I would try to accommodate the largest RV as possible, even though I might not own one that big. It would increase property value. Others with RVs boats, etc. would find that of great value. If you can build it to accommodate over RVs, you could rent space inside to recover some construction cost and your real estate tax hike....pay for itself, maybe even profitable.

abrister
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to both of you. I will definitely look up both these products and update as soon as I decide which one to go with.
Bo and Jo Brister
Retired U.S. Army "Sapper"
6 Furry family members (Elphie, Army, Cinnabun, Maxx, Rosci and Manu)
2017 Minnie Winnie Class C
"Freedom is not free, it is because of our brave Military that we have Freedom today"

ronfisherman
I have a Cal-Mark Cover that is 10 years old. It's made with Sunbrella. Same stuff used on good boat tops.
Still in good shape. But starting to see some of the tread used to make cover are coming out. They make them different than what was sold in 2006. More cross supports and tie-downs. Be sitting down when you get a quote. But well worth it if they last 10+ years like mine has.

In recent years MH is covered in the summer. We spend winter in a warm climate.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We use a Sunshield tarp; silver side up in the summer and black side up in the winter.
Search this Forum for `rv cover' and read on.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)