cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Current Gas/Diesel Prices

larrymjones
Explorer
Explorer
Just checked Gas Buddy for prices in northwest Arkansas and southwest Missouri: Found many stations offering low $1.60s for gas and lower 1.70s for diesel. Found some Walmarts in Rogers, Bentonville and Springdale with $1.49 and 1.69. NICE, HUH?
Lare-Mare
28 REPLIES 28

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I travel a lot and compare cost of living, so it is all relative.
In California major agglomerations housing is expensive and that is what newcomers see. But in small city you can buy a TLC house for $29,000.
Fuels are always expensive downtown, but as I said, on few trucks stops in California you had fuel at $1.89 a month ago.
Food is expensive in San Francisco area, cheaper in LA, but in Bay Area you can have Chinese cook-to order lunch as low as $6. Try to find it in other states.
My friend in So CA had family visiting from Texas and those folks got good shock when they find Texan beef in CA cost 1/2 what it does in Texas.

lonewolf80
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well I think everything in CA is expensive! Why should fuel be any different. Those lush public employee pensions have to be paid some how.

In the Western New York area gas is anywhere from $2.07 to $2.17 and diesel about $.15 to $.20 more. I'm sure most RV'ers out there noticed how crowded the state and private campgrounds were last year. A lot of brand new tow behinds I noticed, what will this year bring. Better book your get a ways early!

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
Fuel gets too cheap will have to start making reservations again. Dang it. :S
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
We bought diesel in Muscogee Oklahoma for a whopping $1.60 something a gallon. Hope it stays this low all over!

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel dropped to $2.07 at the ARCO truck stop on west main in Barstow, Ca.

Time to fill up the coach again and get ready to travel AGAIN.

I love these diesel fuel prices. I hope they stay that way.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
Just heard on the local news that they are calling for regular gas to fall around the $1.00 mark this year. It's $1.75 now and can find Diesel for $1.87. in the 40207. I for one will be planning several long trips in 2016 !
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Due to pricing, they'll be a lot of people taking those long trips this year.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
Yeah......California really sticks it to us. When oil was over $100 a barrel, we were paying $4.50, When it drops to $30 a barrel, we're still at $3.00 a gallon. Somehow the gas refineries do a different math, but at least it's always in their favor. Their favorite thing to do when oil gets cheap is to allegedly close a refinery for repair and jack the rates through the roof. A week before Christmas they raised gas in SO Cal by .35 cents a gallon because of refinery issues.....how special and Merry Christmas!

The worse part is that even though the fuel is cheap throughout the country, the local governments aren't collecting as much tax, especially here in California. They're now talking about another recession being caused by cheap oil....we just can't win.

Not to defend the oil companies too much, but there is more to the price of gas than just the price of oil. Even if the oil was free, gas in California would likely still be close to two bucks a gallon. A lot of that is taxes but the rest is the cost to refine it and then the network to get it to the gas station. Going from 4.50 to 3 when oil goes from 100 to 30 actually seems pretty reasonable to me.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Come on you guys, let keep it...umm maybe about fuel? ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kayteg1 wrote:
gswcgi wrote:
Diesel is $1.99 in Carson City, NV today!!!!

Yeah, but that is price subsidized by local brothels ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey! Brothels use oil too...oh wait, that's a different kind of oil...:W:W....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
religion is boring, but Ford v/s Chevy is never ending heat.

fairway2002
Explorer
Explorer
Hey whats next? religion ? Ford verse Chevy ?

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
gswcgi wrote:

Yeah, but that is price subsidized by local brothels ๐Ÿ˜‰

gswcgi
Explorer
Explorer
'03 Safari, DP, 36" Nissan 4X4 toad