cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash A/C

cwdavis
Explorer
Explorer
The dash A/C in our 1995 Intrigue stops spontaneously after running for awhile, and when we check, the circuit breaker feeding it is very hot to the touch. A RV tech advised that the fan motor needs replacing.

The company, Frigi-Cool/RVAC, in Texas, seems to be out of business. Anyone have any idea where we might get the part? We tried PPL, but they had no clue ...
Bill & Ann Davis
1995 36' CC Intrigue
WHTAL!FE
6 REPLIES 6

SoCal_Kevin
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same Frigi-Cool/RVAC unit and the same intermittent issue. Very frustrating! Please keep us updated when you find the solution.

Good luck!

Kevin
SoCal Kevin
1995 HR Navigator
M11 400 Cummins
Allison HD 4060
Ready Brute Towbar; 2000 Suburban Toad

cwdavis
Explorer
Explorer
All good suggestions. It's the internal, blower motor that needs replacing. To get to it looks difficult and may take a good part of the day ...

Thanks everyone,
Bill & Ann Davis
1995 36' CC Intrigue
WHTAL!FE

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
I believe Country Coach is back in business. Give them a call with your VIN number and they might be able to tell you where to get a fan motor.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Is the relay you mentioned feeding the AC compressor, the blower fan motor or cooling fan (radiator) fan motor? When you say the AC stops do you mean it stops blowing cool air or stops blowing any air?

The blower motor, interior is used for heat, cooling and ventilation. Not directly related to running the AC. The rad cooling fan is used when the engine gets too hot or in many cases anytime the AC is on.

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
My motor went out the other year while we were in FL. I pulled the motor and took it to Bennett auto and they matched it up with a better motor that was half the price of an original replacement.

tiffinboy
Explorer
Explorer
cwdavis wrote:
The dash A/C in our 1995 Intrigue stops spontaneously after running for awhile, and when we check, the circuit breaker feeding it is very hot to the touch. A RV tech advised that the fan motor needs replacing.

The company, Frigi-Cool/RVAC, in Texas, seems to be out of business. Anyone have any idea where we might get the part? We tried PPL, but they had no clue ...

theres a million fan motors out there iam sure with a little DD u will find one. most auto supply stores will have a heater fan listing and it usually shows all specs such as flange mount,offsets,shaft size etc