cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DASHBOARD RADIO

k1ngdlm
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone else have a class C with a dashboard radio that only works on house battery's ??????????? Do you have to drive all the time with the house battery's on ???????
2013 GMC Sierra Denali 4WD Crew
2004 PALOMINO MAVERICK M-1000-SL
38' race car trailer W/ Dirt Late Model #K1ng
2004 31' Class C Coachmen Santara 309KS
6 REPLIES 6

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
My 2008 Winnie Outlook also has a switch so either house or chassis batteries can be used.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

k1ngdlm
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for all the info. I was driving the motorhome the other day and the radio would not work. I tried ever thing on the radio and it still would not work. When I got home and powered the motorhome the radio came on, and then I found out the switch for the house battery,s was off. I will run with house battery,s on and charge while driving. BIG CHANGE FROM TRUCKCAMPER.

2013 GMC Sierra Denali 4WD Crew
2004 PALOMINO MAVERICK M-1000-SL
38' race car trailer W/ Dirt Late Model #K1ng
2004 31' Class C Coachmen Santara 309KS

trnfla
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has a switch that I can use either battery.
Now 2004 Winnie Minnie 31C
Had 2007 Zeppelin 190 Hybrid,
1999 30' Dutchman Classic FW

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
My dash radio uses chassis battery. I agree with Bobbo - can't think of any reason to disconnect the coach battery while driving.
Kevin

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, but I drive with the house batteries on all the time anyway. I see no benefit to leaving them disconnected while driving.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I had a class C that the dash radio ran off the house battery so you could use the radio when parked and still be able to start the MH. It charged the house battery when driving.