cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DC not working

ricelake922
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1996 Monaco Dynasty. On 3rd day at a park plugged into shore power. Everything was working well until last night. Disconnected TV at electrical (pulled the plug) and lost DC power. No interior lights and fridge stopped working. Coffee maker still works thank goodness. My heart interface is showing that I have an overload. When I turn the heart interface oif and then back on lights work but within 30 seconds the lights go back off. Same thing happens when I turn off main breaker. Checked house batteries and they are showing great voltage and a good load. Went to inverter and hit reset with no change. Turned inverter off and on with no change. Please help! Thank you in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a 5th wheel and had a similar problem one time. Check to see if you have a in-line fuse. It should be after your battery on the cable that goes to converter. Mine was hidden in the wall about 2' after the battery.

MrWizard
your coach Dc aka batteries power the inverter
Your TOAD, had nothing to do with it
Unless your RV batteries are dead and you were actuAlly running the RV from the toad battery, without knowing it
You have shore power?
No
Then start and run your generator for a few hours
It sounds like your house batteries are low, turning on the invert function pulls them down and everything shuts off
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
Your coach DC should be running off the inverter.
Bad actor candidates include the inverter, battery disconnect switch, and the house batteries. I'd start with the battery disconnect switch first and then the batteries.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
What is "TV" in this context ? Tow vehicle.....television....????

Someone didn't accidentally hit the battery disconnect switch, did they ??

And what is a "heart interface" ??
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bad battery. How are you checking your batteries? Its entirely possible you have a bad cell and your entire battery bank read good on the cheezy built in gage.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
ricelake922 wrote:
Disconnected TV at electrical (pulled the plug) and lost DC power.
I don't know what this means, given the usual definitions of tv.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman