Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Decal Restorer

Germania
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody found a good c
decal restorer. For a 15 yr old Motorhome
that has been maintained (except for decals)
7 REPLIES 7

Germania
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the responses, now to decide which way to go!!!

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
craig7h wrote:
My 07 MH the graphics were starting to show there age, no cracks or chips just some fading. I looked into a lot of products talked about in different forums. I finally picked a product by McKees 37 the Vinyl Decal and Graphic restorer was my pick.

https://www.mckees37.com/rv-vinyl-decal-graphic-restorer.html

I did two applications and the graphics look great for there age. Its been over a month since doing and have no complaints.

I just checked them out and it's out of stock. I also checked other sites including Amazon and it's discontinued. Maybe it's been replaced with a different product.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
My 07 MH the graphics were starting to show there age, no cracks or chips just some fading. I looked into a lot of products talked about in different forums. I finally picked a product by McKees 37 the Vinyl Decal and Graphic restorer was my pick.

https://www.mckees37.com/rv-vinyl-decal-graphic-restorer.html

I did two applications and the graphics look great for there age. Its been over a month since doing and have no complaints.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Take them off and the paint them back on!
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Once they crack or get chalky, replacement is really the only option worth bothering with.

The removal process is pretty straight forward but it's a lot of work and fiddly to avoid scratching up the fiberglass.

You can get replacements going online from many sources. They all tend to hold up for maybe 10yrs if you aren't storing inside. An alternative if you just have big swooshes is to tape around them prior to removing and then you can paint them back on. Use a good high quality paint (Brightside by interlux is good) and they will hold up for a long time and it's easy to do touchup if they get dinged.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We have a fifth wheel, but ordered all new decals for our well built 11 year old unit, from RV Decals Direct, a Canadian firm. These are not your typical RV decals, but high end vinyl coated decals that will not fade. They were spendy, but worth it to us. Check out their website to see if they have decals for your make and model.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

thelazyl
Explorer
Explorer
I've got this issue. I've been told the only option I have is to have new decals put on - which you can order. The old decals, in theory, aren't hard to remove. However, in our case, we have hardware like the awning and rear ladder to remove first so we are considering a professional job. Rough estimate for our Class A is ~5k.