cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Delam bubble

Strokenfiver
Explorer
Explorer
Went and looked at a 2007 hurricane today and really liked the coach and the layout. It had about 16000 miles on it and the interior looked to be in really good shape. The 1 red flag I saw was a volleyball size bubble in the fiberglass under the rear bedroom slide. I wasn't able to really push it in with my hand so it seemed fairly solid and upon checking the interior in that area I didn't see any signs of water. My question is how concerned should I be with this issue? Is it something that should make me run away from it. Is there a way to fix this that the dealer could do?
2008 F-350 Dually, Air bags, B&W turnover w/companion
2002 Forest River Sierra 30 bhss(sold)
2008 Sunnybrook Bristol Bay 3420 BH(sold)
2011 Jayco Eagle 365bhs
2012 Georgetown 352ds (current ride)
4 REPLIES 4

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
The bubble will not go away by itself..IMHO, it will only get worse. In today's market, I would keep looking.....Dennis

X2 Run Forest Run
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
The bubble will not go away by itself..IMHO, it will only get worse. In today's market, I would keep looking.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fine tooth comb inspection if you want to be sure... I would be very paranoid.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
I have always been the one who says run the other way and the problem will be much worse than it is on the outside, However, this may be one of those rare instances when I may give it a second look. Mainly because if the only bubble is under the bedroom slide, that would suggest that water entrance was near the bottom of the coach, so the water would not be destroying the whole wall, but just a very low portion of it. It really depends on how much wall there is below the bedroom slide. I'm assuming not much, so that may limit the damage to something repairable. It should however significantly effect the price. There will still be a significant amount of work to fix it, but not insurmountable like it would be if the damage was higher up.

My only secondary concern would be that if there is water damage in one area, then how good of a job did they do putting the rest of the coach together. I would be inspecting it very, very thoroughly.
IRV2