cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Direct TV..Rude Rep..What are the rules?

Finally
Explorer
Explorer
We always liked Direct TV. In fact, we replaced our In-Motion, less than one year old Dome with a Winegard Slimline Direct TV Travler so that we could get HD. I guess we are idiots, because Dish already has HD. That being said, we've had good service from DTV so we paid $2,400 for roofDish and installation, and bought a Genie for the Living Room in the MOHO , and a regular HD receiver for the moho bedroom.

I just got off the phone with the most officious, rude, Direct TV rep that I've even spoken with. "Elizabeth. Case Manager from Alabama said that if we were to camp, say in San Antonio for a week or so, we would have to have the Distant Network Plan to get "locals' ABC,CBS,NBC etc. On previous trips, if we are going to be settled for a week or so, we called DTV, they changed the address to the RV Park, and we then could get local weather and events. They always said that our receivers would have to be turned off at home. We were never told that this was illegal.

We love RVing and have done it for 30 years. For 30 years the biggest PITA has been TV's. We HAVE to have it because of football, and of course, Dancing with the Stars. I don't think we can ever SPEND enough to make getting TV simple. I know Dish is the same.

This is a rant. What do the rest of you do? Do you call and get your spot beam switched to where you are going to be for awhile?

By the way, Direct TV reps are working out of their homes now. I guess the rep that was so hateful tonight had something cooking on the stove. Terrible idea for DTV to have reps working out of their homes. Very hateful and rude "Elizabeth, from Alabama"
2012 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2005 Tiffin Phaeton Sold
2009 Lincoln MKX
and Milli
32 REPLIES 32

sharibartling
Explorer
Explorer
Both have become so Huge they can't keep up. Before we started RVing and moved from Colorado to Nebraska We'd been loyal Dish customers for 15 yrs. They said they would move our service to Nebraska. That became a nightmare. Quit them went with direct but I too don't understand why we can't get any locals. At home in Nebraska we chose the Denver locals, but traveling don't get any locals.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I canceled Direct TV and I'm now with Dish! Sorry to hear about your problems!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
We use our crank up antenna and OTA TV..watch all the locals channels for free
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31