cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIY Dual Pane Window Repair, does it work?

donkim
Explorer
Explorer
Our coach has a couple of windows that are fogged/cloudy. This website offers a fix w/o removing the window. Seems quite a bit easier,and less costly then having the windows removed and repaired.
www.foggeddoublepanewindow.com

Did some searches, but can't find anyone that has used the kit and if works as advertised. Anyone have have any experience w/kit?
Thx, Don
3 REPLIES 3

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Diy window repair
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I can't answer your question but here's a little more info that may help.

There is a house window process where the vendor drills holes, pumps liquid into the inner window, then drains the liquid.

There is a homebrew method of drilling holes through the seal and pumping dry air into the inner space with the moisture being ejected through another hole. I had a friend try this method and it cleared it right up for 2 weeks. He did reseal the holes, but after a little over 2 weeks, the moisture returned. Obviously, the seal was compromised before he did the repair. If you can get to the seal to drill at least 2 holes, then you can try this method for no cost assuming you have a drill and a dry air source. The longer you wait to repair the more likely the inside of your glass will be etched and must be replaced.

It's not technically difficult to remove the window from the rv, remove the glass, separate the two panes, clean the glass, install new spacer, and install new sealant. If you want to see how this is done, click the link below, look for the topic fogged window repair and download the file. I took pictures and made notes when I repaired my window. If any more of my motorhome windows fog, I'll repair them also. (Of course I'm mostly retired so I have time to do repairs). YMMV

irv2 files section-look for fogged window repair

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer