cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you let you kids drive your motorhome

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
I was sitting at the dealership today when a guy sitting across from me got a call from, I found out later, his son-in-law. Come to find out that this guy bought a new motorhome last year and his son-in-law was asking to barrow it. He thought going on a vacation was a good thing to do and barrowing the motorhome was the way to do it.

He nicely told his son-in-law that his motorhome is not something he loans out and the son-in-law obviously didn't like that answer. The son-in-law was not letting it go and tried two or three different ways of convincing this guy why he should loan it out. I felt bad for the guy because he was trying to be nice to someone who was obviously pushing the bounds.

What about you guys, do you loan out your motorhome? Obviously you don't if you full time, but what about those who use it a couple months? Do you loan it out to your kids, neighbors and friends?
49 REPLIES 49

Bruce_Brown
No one uses ours except us.

If we need extra sleeping space we do let people stay in it when it's parked in the garage.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
my daughter puts more miles on it than I do. her an mom hit the dog shows.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
My son can use my motorhome anytime he wishes as he is very responsible. He does own his own motorhome so unless his is down for some reason, there won't be a need.
My son-in-law still needs some time to learn responsibility but I would lend him the money to rent one if he ever asked.
Lending it to anyone else is out of the question.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
First, you have a pretty self-centered in-law! I would tell him that if he has to buy and give you a $10k bond to pay for any damages to your RV!!!! Personally I would never loan my RV to my own mother or the Pope 🙂

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
My SIL is a wonderful person but no one borrows my RV or my wheelbarrow.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad