cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

drilling hole in roof

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
going to install sat. dish on roof any tips for drilling holes for cables in my roof on my 2007 Fleetwood bounder
4 REPLIES 4

GREGORYJ
Explorer
Explorer
I used this cover with a generous amount of Dicor self leveling roof caulk under it.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Winegard-RV-TV-Antenna-Roof-Cable-Plate-CE-0002-/231026769330
Ellen & Greg
08 National Dolphin DL-35Ci, Kelderman Air Ride, Rear Trac Bar
Workhorse W22, RoadMaster Rear Sway Bar, Towing 08 Smart Car

Roman_Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Installed one on ours. We mounted the dish about 12 to 16 inches from the front roof seam. After mounting the dish we drilled a hole through the fiberglass crown near the front seam about 3 inches in front of the termination point for the rubber roof. Use masking tape at point of pentration. this will help in not spidering the fiberglass when drilling. Use light presure on the drill as your drilling.
After pulling the wire through, tape the portion exposed on the roof in a couple of locations. Take some self leveling epdm caulk and apply a generous dallop next to the tape over the wire and let cure. After curing remove the tape. Same goes for point of pentrations, except we used non sag type of caulk
When we did ours I was able to come out inside of the front overhead cabinet.
Good luck
"You never fail until you stop trying!!"
My advice is free but I do consider donations

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
check on the roof and you might have a sticker that show where you pre wired cable if they ran one.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
put it close to refer cover and run wires over and down there.
bumpy