cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver shelf/storage in DP

Fer2005
Explorer
Explorer
I have an '09 Winnebago Journey DP. It only has one cup holder and nothing for holding electronics, another cup holder, tray for snacks, etc.

I like to have two cup holders and an area for gps, plate for snacks while driving. There is no place to mount something like this. Has anyone built something that can be easily moved in and out and doesn't slide all the place going down the road?

Thanks in advance.
2009 Winnebago Journey 39Z
2012 Ford Taurus Toad
6 REPLIES 6

Fer2005
Explorer
Explorer
I built a box with cup holders, change holder and a general junk collector. That was in a 2000 Itasca Suncruiser. It sat on the engine cover and was great for holding stuff. Now with the DP there is no hump to attach it to. That looks nice!
2012 Ford Taurus Toad

ClassAGeek
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted a cup holder on the right side and a place for phones, etc. I used some pieces of maple, rubber shelf mats and a cut down Ikea table leg.

I have since added a GPS in the cavity above the shelf. FWIW: I have found GPS units do NOT need to be in the window of a MH. A fiberglass RV roof seems fairly transparent to GPS frequencies.
----
Happy Ford F-53 Class A Owner (2008 Gulf Stream)
2010 Ford Fusion Toad (with 6 speed manual transmission - the only way to tow)
Brake Buddy Vantage, Blue Ox Aladdin Tow Bar,
TST RV 507 TPMS, Power Master Voltage Controller

kjburns
Explorer
Explorer
That's pretty much what I thought when I had the same problem and read a thread here. That's the beauty of this place 🙂
2019 Dynamax Isata3 24FW

Fer2005
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks.
2012 Ford Taurus Toad

kjburns
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up a van console like this for my first motorhome. It was stable, but could be moved when needed.

2019 Dynamax Isata3 24FW

et2
Explorer
Explorer
I find myself that I really don't have much ability to peruse or negotiate a snack tray while trying to drive down the road. Heck I only have one cup holder for my water - to the left in front of the steering wheel. That seems like a chore to get to at times. I just stick the GPS on the driver side window.