cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving Comfort

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
As you can see in my signature the MH I have. The Accelerator on this MH sets way to the right of the seat to use the accelerator you need to move your foot to the right a good distance the accelerator lines up with the outside of the seat. With this set up it causes my hip to hurt, I have had the MH for 7 years hurt a little when I first got it but didn't bother me that much, guess age has got to me. My son In-law has a 1998 Endeavor the pedal are perfect. I don't know how much longer I can drive this MH the way it is. Does any one have any suggestion maybe move the seat to the right, they are about 3 inches between the accelerator and the Brake, and about 3 inches between the brake and the steering column. Waiting for your suggestions
Thanks
Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi
11 REPLIES 11

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
My '11 Entegra had a gas pedal that was too close to the console, so a Freightliner mech unbolted the gas pedal bracket from the firewall moved it 2" towards the column, drilled new holes and re-mounted it,it worked great.

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
Like to thank all for the replies. I have about 3 inches between the gas and brake might try and move the gas, or attach some sort of plate. I will need to get some one to do it for me, I have got to the point I am not much good for that type of repairs I can still do my maintenance but that is about it. Again Thanks. Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you throttle is like the one on my Monaco coach the connection to the engine is electrical so moving the pedal to the left, along with the electrical control, should not be too much of a problem. Moving the brake pedal may require cutting off the old pedal and fabricating an offset piece that can be bolted on the the existing brake pedal shaft. Not that big of a deal.
I would not want to do any welding under the steering column inside of my coach.
If you move the seat, it may position you off-set to the steering wheel as well as more distant from any left hand switches, etc.
Just figure out what you need to do and then remove your seat. At that point access should be pretty easy.

artguys
Explorer
Explorer
You can block the pedal with an offset. You didn't state how far.

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
If there is enough space between the brake pedal and the throttle, just attach a wide plate to the back side of the peddle and then attach another peddle to the left of the original peddle. Now you will have 2 peddles side by side and you can put your foot wherever it is comfortable.
IRV2

pretty simple deal for a welding shop to relocate the pedal----but the OP needs to make the move to the welder.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Roy.....my Monaco had a similar issue and I would have issues moving my foot from the brake to the throttle. I would often catch the edge of the brake when I accelerated or move my foot too far and be off to the right of the throttle. I made a metal bracket that attached to the wall of the drawers in the center of the dash. The bracket protruded out enough that I could just slide my foot over and the right edge of my foot would hit the bracket and tell me I was in the right spot.

On yours, you could take a piece of aluminum and plate the pedal, making it wider.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Seems like a good welding shop should be able to modify the pedals, providing you have sufficient room.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Roy, if you move the seat, make sure the steering wheel is dead center of the middle of the seat or you will feel like you are trying to drive a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

I'm not sure how the pedal can be moved but don't mess up the dynamics of the steering/seat position. Using the cruise control might help on the longer runs which I'm sure you do.

The other suggestion is moving up to a new custom coach...... Liberty, Marathon or Millennium are waiting anxiously for your call. HA!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Dennis I did post this last year, thought I would try again to see if any new suggestions. I have the system that moves the pedal in or out but that is not the problem, I would like to move the seat to the right or move the pedal to the left. Thanks for the reply. Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Roy, didn't you post this last year?...:h:h

None of those suggestions were helpful...:h:h. You may know there are setups that allow you to adjust the pedals to suit your needs...mine has one with a switch on the dash to control them. You might look into the cost of having one installed on your rig....good luck....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG