cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dynamax Isata 5 36 or 35

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have one or have any information? Have seen on line pricing about $143k with 4x4 option (+$5,000) so would probably go with that if we make this choice.

http://dynamaxcorp.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=329&Image=12937

Thanks
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition
12 REPLIES 12

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
cross21114,

Every model Phoenix Cruiser has a 4x4 option. I believe the outfitter is Quigley. The Phoenix website has a nice pricing feature where you select your model and options. The webtool totals up the MSRP, then states the factory direct discount. You might find it interesting to play with.

I just played with the "pricing" tool myself, selected model 2350, and selected no options except for the 4x4. The final price came up at $93,746. You'll have to go through what comes standard. It isn't stripped to the bone. Most options is "fluffy" stuff and upgrading.

If you wonder about general quality, Phoenix Cruisers in are quite well made. Our non-4x4 HERE is soon to be 10 years old and doing very well.....though we do keep it garaged when not in-use.

Endrizzicon
Explorer
Explorer
bmwrider1946 wrote:
I just purchased a 2017 36DS for 134,000 but the dealer gave me almost 7k more for my trade than the other dealers were willing to give me so its really difficult to say exactly what I paid for it.

I did not get the 4x4. I wanted the extra CCC and additional fuel tank. I am curious. Where do you see the 4x4 being advantageous over 2wd?

Hello we almost have the exact same thing we currently on a 2016 Thor ST w/ 10k miles. We are happy with it unfortunately it's just not roomy enough. Curious what they gave you on trade? Also what dealership you used??

bmwrider1946
Explorer
Explorer
It is my understanding that the 4x4 will not have the second fuel tank and that the CCC is about 300 to 400 lbs less.

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
I found an article about the Isata 5. Apparently, in the 4x4, they do not install the mid-unit fuel tank. Still leaves 50 in the rear so that would not be a deal breaker but there is not a lot of remaining cargo capacity.

https://www.fmcmagazine.com/motorhome-articles/230-2016-back-issues/february-2016/4015-dynamax-isata-5-series.html
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
2016 Ford Expedition

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fuel capacity is presumably because some of the space used by the two wheel drive's fuel tank is required for the transfer case and other driveline components in the four wheel drive chassis. Similarly, weight otherwise available for cargo is required for these additional components.

(It has always seemed a bit strange to me that a dually chassis is still considered two wheel drive when, by my counting, there are a total of four drive wheels....)

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
4X4 has more metal spinning and more axle weight. It's not like there is just wheels on bearings. It will get "slightly" less MPG, even if you are in 2x drive with a 4x4 package.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
bmwrider1946 wrote:
We pick it up next week.

Nice, let me know how you like it.
Curious, why would a 4x4 lose fuel capacity and CCC vs. 2WD version?
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
2016 Ford Expedition

bmwrider1946
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if there was something specific I missed by not getting the 4x4. You pretty much confirmed my thoughts as to the additional functionality. I don't see myself doing anything like winter camping, going into remote locations etc. Thanks for the reply.

I don't have it yet. We purchased a Forest River Forester on the Mercedes Chassis last June and put about 10,000 miles on it but decided we would like something a little larger and with more storage. The Forester did everything we asked of it but we found ourselves spending more time traveling than we originally anticipated. We pick it up next week.

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
bmwrider1946 wrote:

I did not get the 4x4. I wanted the extra CCC and additional fuel tank. I am curious. Where do you see the 4x4 being advantageous over 2wd?

Alaska bird hunting. If I could figure how to attach a picture you would understand.

How do you like it?
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
2016 Ford Expedition

bmwrider1946
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 2017 36DS for 134,000 but the dealer gave me almost 7k more for my trade than the other dealers were willing to give me so its really difficult to say exactly what I paid for it.

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
That pricing was in Texas. I have to find one close to here to inspect. Wish it had more ground clearance. Sort of negates the 4x4 capability. Surprised more Class C's don't have the 4x4 option. Certainly beats the Earthroamer pricewise, not that it's comparable in capability.
The bunk option would accommodate all 3 generations in our family when we could get together.
Renting a CruiseAmerica 30' next month in the SW for a test trip to see if we can survive a wweek.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
2016 Ford Expedition

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
when I was looking at them years ago, they seemed like a very nicely put together unit. more of a B style I was looking at. price seems low to me.
bumpy