cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Leveling

Majorpain
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 34 foot class A RV with LCI electronic leveling. I am new to using a unit with levelers. When I use the auto level feature sometimes only the front jacks come down and not the rear jacks. When this happens it seems to be level from side to side. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Thanks in advance!
6 REPLIES 6

admiral0647
Explorer
Explorer
If your control panel looks like this:

You can download a manual at:http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/Owners_Manuals/Leveling/om-electronic-leveling-web.pdf

Page 10 of above referenced manual wrote:

You will also note that it might not be safe and it is not recommended to end the leveling procedure with any wheels off the ground. I carry blocks to drive up on if this happens. Remember to put the same number of blocks under the nearest jack as used for the tire.

I hope this helps you...

Jim
I started with nothing... and have most of it left.

Damon Challenger 377c
Toyota Yaris Dingy
Scottish Terrier

Majorpain
Explorer
Explorer
The rear jacks do work on manual. I think I will try leveling on manual too so it doesn't lift so high. Thanks to all that replied!

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Not normal. I have LCI jacks also, they should all deploy beginning with the front then the rear; after contact with the ground, they will begin front to rear leveling then side to side.

Typically the jacks lift the coach too on 'Auto' for my liking so I use the system on 'Manual' and level it myself.

Do the rears move down on 'Manual' mode?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ALL auto level systems, all jacks must hit the ground. Even LCI. So, NO, it is not normal. ALL jacks must hit the ground. Doug

Lobstah
Explorer
Explorer
If it's level, it's level 🙂

Sounds to me like it's working just fine. When I use my auto-level function, I manually extend all 4 jacks just a bit more to reduce motion in the coach.

Jim
2005 Pace Arrow 36D
Very Understanding Wife
1 Boxer 😞
3 Maine Coon cats

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
That's probably normal. Mine the same.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B