cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERA 70 pop in window screens

cameronpatentla
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. As fellow ERA owners know, the smallish window screens that pop into the Winnebago ERA 70s window frames have very fragile, and poorly engineered protrusions that are used to loosely attach the screens to the frames. Is there a better DIY solution (Duct tape?) or reasonably priced alternative to these Winnebago, cost saving, fixtures?

Mike
www.era70x.com
5 REPLIES 5

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
I used the black sticky stuff electricians use to seal outside outlets. Just break off a bit and roll it between your hands, open window and go outside and place it wherever there are gaps. After more thought I am not sure you are referring to the gaps but hopefully a good tip anyway. One other thing we did is put some no-see-um cloth mesh over the spring clips and now can open the windows and not fear tiny critters.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

CTD
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own a ERA but our Sprinter sliding door closes easily when you open one of the front doors to let out the air pressure of the closing slider. FWIW
2012 Roadtrek Agile

cameronpatentla
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the helpful tips and advice. I'll give both a try. Best, Mike

ClearCreekRanch
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was still under warranty when I had one of them on the door replaced because it wouldn't stay in when I shut the sliding door. Also, my van seemed to be unusually hard to shut the sliding door without slamming it. I put silicone spray on the tracks and it slides shut a lot easier, still have to slide it shut hard but not quite like it was.

pickerel_cove
Explorer
Explorer
We bought black stick on insulation foam. I think it was 1/4". I cut and placed it on the screens and we've been very happy with the results. No gaps.