cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Exterior Ladder

Twilite_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
Our coach did not come with a rear ladder. There are 3 different kinds and I'd like to hear the pro's and con's so that we can make an informed decision before we add a rear ladder. Thanks for your pros and cons in advance.
DH - George USA Retired
DW - Twila
Sydney The Wonder Dog - Miniature Australian Shepherd
2015 Solei 38R
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport
7 REPLIES 7

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
If you opt to go for a portable ladder, my recommendation is to avoid the telescoping Extend + Climb. I had one. It failed. I fell. The ladder then quit working; would not extend. The black rings between the rungs came out. I contacted the company. They first said it was not their ladder. I sent them a picture of it with their name on it. They said it was theirs but the warranty no longer covered it. Actually, I had just asked if I could send it in to get repaired. They told me, they do not repair them. They offered to sell me a new one. I'll pass. One fall is enough. Be careful with this product !
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package

Ruf-n-it
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a Forza 36G and it to came without a ladder. Rather than spend the $1000 I just purchased a 14ft collapsible ladder. It was $200 and works great.
Tom N
2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2016 Winnebago Forza 36G
2011 Ford Edge Limited AWD

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use my ladder often... the bottom half folds up so you can open the engine hatch. I would probably buy something like this and make it work.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine also did not come with a ladder. To add one would be ~$1,000.00 and I'm debating if I want one or not. My ladder would work if needed but so far I haven't had any reason to go up there. Once I get back in the barn I have a 12' step ladder that fills most of my needs for maintenance.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
The Solei and Forza comes with the ladder supports in the frame. The winnebago ladder part Numbers are
161990-07-02A lower
161113-20-02A upper
These are for a black ladder and cost is about $850 bucks

Hope this helps
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Mine came with a ladder, but because of a roof design they eliminated them in 2015. I like the no ladder look and I really don't go on the roof unless I'm at home. Unless you have a constant need to be on the roof, I think like others, I would look at a collapsing ladder that could be used on the road in an emergency.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
The first thing you need to research is whether or not there is support enough to mount a ladder. Your dealer or the manufacturer should be able to answer that.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad