cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falken RI150. Another Tire to Consider!

astro001
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my perfect looking 8-Year-old Sumitomo ST727’s a week ago. The Sumitomo tires I replaced were 16ply 275/70/22.5 and were 2.5” in diameter smaller than the correct 295/75/22.5. Sumitomo does not make a 16 ply in my correct size. A week ago I had Yokohama YO23's installed. They rode OK but seemed a little "loose". I looked REAL close at the Yokohama's on Monday and the tires were G Rated 14 ply, not the 16 ply I ordered. The exact same model is available in G and H and Yokohama shipped the wrong tire. The only available Yoko 16 ply had 2015 date codes. Long story short I was going to go with the Toyo M170, which was my 2nd choice.
Since I had told the tire store owner I loved the Sumitomo's he told about a new tire by Falken (Owned by Sumitomo) that just came out in June. He received feedback that it was the best riding tire ever run by one of his trucking company customers who now won't buy anything else. The contact tread is 1 in wider and the tire is certified by the EPA “Smart Way” EPA low rolling resistance standard for increased fuel mileage. I checked the EPA site and the Toyo is not. My OCD was torn between the Falken and the Toyo, I compared both side by side and he offered to swap them out for free after my trip to Richmond if I didn't like my choice. The motorhome with the Falken RI150 EcoRun tires drives like it's on rails. I ran it up to 85 mph and the difference is amazing. These are the Best riding tires ever, to include the original Michelin XZA2’s.
I was so impressed when I got home I called and ordered a mounted spare that I will pick up on Monday. All is well that ends well and I will say that Davis Tire of Jacksonville, FL stands behind their work.
I hope the Falken tires age as well as my Sumitomo’s
http://falkentire.com/…/medium-truck-tires/ri150-ecorun-tire
Mickey&Linda
2003 American Revolution
2009 Dodge Dakota 4/4 Toad
2015 Chevrolet Sonic Toad
Middleburg, Florida
15 REPLIES 15

Bruce_Brown
Falken makes a great automotive and light truck tire, nice to see them entering the commercial market too.

I wouldn't have been afraid of them, nice to hear you're happy. Please keep us updated as time goes on. They should give you many years of good service.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910