cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finally replaced capacitors on ECU.

-Lqdskier
Explorer
Explorer
I've been fighting a random miss for a few years. I did tune-ups, fuel treatments, changed vacuum hoses and the ignition module. All of it helped but it always had an occasional miss usually at idle but sometimes at cruising speeds. So, I finally pulled the ECU to change the 3 capacitors and low and behold, no more miss. As a added bonus, I was getting ready to recharge the A/C unit since the compressor wasn't engaging and now that works too. Oh, it is on a 1994 Ford E350 with the 460. The failing capacitors seem fairly common.
2 REPLIES 2

-Lqdskier
Explorer
Explorer
I have extra capacitors if you need them. I ended up paying a electronics repair guy $40 to desolder and resolder replacement caps. It didn't have a legit desoldering tool.

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
Very interesting . Thank you for the update. I had the same issue with the same 1994 460 e350 . In my case the Ignition control module resolved it . I have heard of caps failing in other vehicles and strange things happen. I have seen the caps on ebay to repair. I would be afraid of wrecking the ECU during the replacement. I need to practice my soldering skills ....