Explorer
Explorer
We got the upgrade done a few months ago, but now notice that it dosen't seem
to get as cold.
Has anyone else noticed this?

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
We have a NDR 1292, does that fall under the 1200 group, or do they put the actual numbers in there? Thanks!

rwenner
Explorer
Explorer
Still waiting on Norcold to fix my upgrade (3rd Time)- - I guess if they wait long enough, we'll run out of fossil fuels and I won't need to get it "Upgraded".

Guess I'll look for some blocks of ice.

rwenner
Explorer
Explorer
I love my Newmar coach, but I would never again purchase any coach with a Norcold product in it. (And I've bought 3 new DP's in the last 8 years). Just like in politics, the best way to vote is with your $$$$.

MrDoneIt65
Explorer
Explorer
rwenner...that is what recalls do. They absolve the corporation of any liability issues. The problem was identified, a solution found, the recall was done, they did what they had to do to correct the problem. My fridge worked for 7 years with no problem. Then we found a broken heater tube when the freezer would work and the fridge wouldn't. The dealer told us we would have to buy a new unit. The heater tube cost $49.00 and I replaced it myself.

Then Norcold sent us the recall notice with the sensor that had to be reset constantly until it wouldn't reset anymore. The technician said our refrigerator was fixed, but it didn't work like it had before. So then we got the second recall and they put a Chinese made black box on the coils with wires running to the exhaust pipe. The red light came on within 4 hours. We contacted Norcold and they sent a technician to check it out. Surprise, surprise, the coils were blown. Norcold informed us the refrigerator was out of warranty, (duh?) and they had no liability for the coils blowing.

Thanks to this forum I found out about the Amish replacement coils and did a google to get further information. I ordered the new coils and installed them according to the instructions. The refrigerator works fine with no Chinese recall black box. The tubing is heavier, they have double coils instead of single, and go on the refrigerator just like the OEM. I turned it on and everything worked. I checked the coils and they were really hot which worried me. I checked the cooling fans and found the wires had been switched on the control box. Because of the fan design if the black and white wires are switched, even though it is DC current, the fans do not kick on. I put the wires on correctly and the refrigerator works perfectly. Don't know how the wires got switched but I can almost guarantee that if they were switched before the recall Chinese box was put on the old coils then the heat would have caused the coils to blow. I have no proof nor evidence to point the finger at any of the techs that worked on the refrigerator. I just know I didn't switch them, I just know I fixed them. Good Luck and Happy Camping.
'02 Southwind 37U towing '05 Chevy Colorado with Blue Ox tow bar and Brake Buddy. 8100 GM/Workhorse Chassis. Retired UAW-GM.

rwenner
Explorer
Explorer
The recall continues - Camping World is installing the 3rd recall kit. Its been more than a month and the only thing this recall kit has protected me from is "Global Warming". The thermal safety upgrade trips when the coach is in storage.

I think Norcold's safety upgrade is designed to protect them against liability. I think it's time for a class action suite - anybody interested?

kpoe5686
Explorer
Explorer
New to forum. Great info. Am waiting for dealer and parts to get recall performed. Fridge works great and has for 11 years. Have trip planned for this week. Now a little worried about fire. Any comments or suggestions?

MrDoneIt65
Explorer
Explorer
Ray Chez. It was someone named rwenner.
'02 Southwind 37U towing '05 Chevy Colorado with Blue Ox tow bar and Brake Buddy. 8100 GM/Workhorse Chassis. Retired UAW-GM.

MrDoneIt65
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like he has a propane igniter problem. When he disconnects from the land line then it should switch to propane. If he has the mode switch on the refrigerator set to AC then it won't switch to propane automatically. He has to set the mode switch to AU. Or he could have a problem with the 12 volt feed which would cause the ignition not to work.

Guess we just have to hope he reads all the post. The problem discribed sounded similiar to the one I had with the broken heating tube.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
MrDoneIt65 wrote:
Ray Chez...there was a post with your name on it about the freezer working but the refridge not. I went back and there is someone elses name in the link where you must have responded to him. Guess that is where the confusion came in. Hope he read all the post. Sorry.

Yep! I know of a Ray Harkness that has been having some problems with his 1200. It works good while the coach is not moving, once he starts driving away the temperature rises in the refrigerator part. He has tried different things and just when he thinks he has it figured out and it works fine, just to have another let down once he starts driving.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

MrDoneIt65
Explorer
Explorer
Ray Chez...there was a post with your name on it about the freezer working but the refridge not. I went back and there is someone elses name in the link where you must have responded to him. Guess that is where the confusion came in. Hope he read all the post. Sorry.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
MrDoneIt65 wrote:
Ray Chez, check the heater tubes and make sure they didn't bust one while doing the recall. They tried to sell me a new refrigerator for the same reason, freezer worked/fridge didn't, a few years back and I found the busted heater by accident.

Also check the wiring on the cooling fans. Because of the type of fan if they are wired backwards they won't run. Check to the control box to make sure the black is on the right connector and the white is on it's right connector. I found this by accident too after the recall blew my coils. Norcold denied any responsibility. I installed the Amish coils, no recall necessary.

I never have had any problems with my 1200. I had several recalls done, but I have never had any problems. I guess your post was for somebody else.
2017 Buick Envision

jennifercraig
Explorer
Explorer
hello folks...
m new to this forum...

MrDoneIt65
Explorer
Explorer
Ray Chez, check the heater tubes and make sure they didn't bust one while doing the recall. They tried to sell me a new refrigerator for the same reason, freezer worked/fridge didn't, a few years back and I found the busted heater by accident.

Also check the wiring on the cooling fans. Because of the type of fan if they are wired backwards they won't run. Check to the control box to make sure the black is on the right connector and the white is on it's right connector. I found this by accident too after the recall blew my coils. Norcold denied any responsibility. I installed the Amish coils, no recall necessary.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
GM-Jayco36REQS wrote:
rwenner wrote:
Fridge worked fine - - had the RECALL done today, Fridge doesn't work. Dealer wants to charge me for repairs.

Thanks Norcold

๐Ÿ˜ž

We had the recall work done on the Norcold in our Jayco Pinnacle... now the fridge doesn't want to cool. Freezer works fine, but the fridge was still 80 deg after 4 hrs on AC. The freezer was 27 deg... any thoughts???

On a 2011 RV? It should have all kinds of warranty and I don't believe that Norcold would have recalled a 2011 refrigerator. It also sounds to me like probably who ever done the recall wiring must have left something disconnected. I think the dealer is wrong by trying to make you pay for the repairs. JMHO
2017 Buick Envision