cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First cross country road trip - HELP

cr3ativegirl
Explorer
Explorer
My parents literally just bought a new $100k 25' RV and are ready to hop in and drive cross country from SC to BC, Canada. (We will be there and they want to join us). My dad went to pick it up and already had an accident driving it off the parking lot and needed the whole side redone and a new door put on ($7k). I think they went and did some practice lessons, and they think they are ready to go. I've tried to explain to them that people spend months and months mapping out and planning these types of trips. They have two yorkies and plan on bringing them (that's a whole different story!)....Very nervous for the outcome.
31 REPLIES 31

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Ask them to start a blog, should be interesting reading as they travel and learn.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure they felt that same way about you many times while raising you. But they let you go, try things, find your way. My daughter is worried about us, has put a tracking system on my phone so she knows where we are. Accidents happen, I am sure he learnt from that one, and will do fine. Sometimes you just have to let your parents grow up. This is from a Mom that is getting tired of hearing I can't do something because of my age...I am 56.
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker