cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First decent trip and pretty surprised at the mileage...

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
Well forum,
Went down to NC from RI for Thanksgiving week and the 20 year old Winnebago really has it where it counts. Relatively smooth ride (other than Rt 78 in PA) and real comfortable to live in for the week.

I was really surprised with the 9.6 MPG, I was tooling along at 55-65 so that it didn't kick down on many hills but it was really a surprise. It does drift a bit and was in some heavy winds last Sunday AM but I am betting that is normal for these older rigs. One thing that I will be changing is the headlights for sure though, these old car lamps just don't cut it on dark highways, any input is welcome on that subject.
She may be old but she is paid for (the rig that is)
30 REPLIES 30

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
Blutoyz wrote:
Well forum,
Went down to NC from RI for Thanksgiving week and the 20 year old Winnebago really has it where it counts. Relatively smooth ride (other than Rt 78 in PA) and real comfortable to live in for the week.

I was really surprised with the 9.6 MPG, I was tooling along at 55-65 so that it didn't kick down on many hills but it was really a surprise. It does drift a bit and was in some heavy winds last Sunday AM but I am betting that is normal for these older rigs. One thing that I will be changing is the headlights for sure though, these old car lamps just don't cut it on dark highways, any input is welcome on that subject.

your the only person who owns a big ole A like that that gets 9.6
and theres not a MH alive that has good headlights
I have clear lenses with HID system on a 2008 and I still had to add a 24 inch light bar and now its ok not outstanding but OK