cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First time buyer questions

rivercity22
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for our first motorhome and have our eye on a 2003 Fleetwood Bounder diesel pusher. This is a beautiful coach and is in near mint condition, I can't find anything wrong with it.

My question is can somebody tell me something about this model, good bad what to look for or anything in particular about the Fleetwood Bounder.

This is the ad.....Model is 37U -- 37Ft long -- 25k miles with Air ride, Entire Coach waxed recently, 300 HP Cummins Diesel, 6 Speed Allision Automatice Transmission with Engine break feature,7.5 KVA Onan Diesel Generator, 2 Slide outs on same side - Living room and Bedroom with awnings, Up to 50 Amp Electrical hookup, Premium AM-FM Radio
Washer-Dryer Combo, 4 door Norcold Fridge - Gas & Electric with Ice maker, Air Brakes, 10 gallon Water heater -- Gas & Electric Front HD TV 26" Emerson with DVD player, DVD Player with Premium Sound System, Rear HD TV 24" Sansui, New Michelin Tires (6) in 2012, HID headlights -- Low and High Beam, Convection Microwave oven Engine batteries (2) are about 2 years old, 4 New house batteries last July 2012, Carpets and Cushions for Breakfast Nook just Steam Cleaned today, Driver and Passenger Premium Power Seats -- Passenger seat reclines, All 12v Bulbs inside coach are LED, Winegard Digital air Antenna, Electric Entry Steps, All large basements -- plenty of storage. All have lighting, Front end Bra, Back up Camera, Hydraulic leveling system, Air Horns, 2000 Watt Inverter Sofa with queen size bed, 2 Awnings - Door and patio, Dual windows, Gas Stove and Oven, Premium Recliner in living room, Shower with seat. Excellent Condition.
FOR SALE****2012 Georgetown 357QS*****

PM for details....
13 REPLIES 13

RFCN2
Explorer
Explorer
My closest RV buddy bought new in 2003 a 34' Bounder DP. He has about 90,000 miles on it now. They are good coaches. Just check out everything to see if it runs, take for a long test drive, and look up CCC's to make sure it has enough carrying capacity for you. My friend is loaded with money and could buy any coach he wanted. He is very happy with his Bounder.
RFCN2
Country Coach
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was enamored with the Breeze when they first came out. Talked to a several owners one had the 28 ft the other a 32 ft. The two negatives that I heard was that it was under powered and too much weight in the back caused the front to be light which resulted in a wandering ride. I don't know if these issues were addressed by 2013.

joandenton
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a 2013 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR 33.2, 3000 miles. $130,000.00. We have owned fifth wheel and trailers, first time motorhome. Any help will be appreciated

rivercity22
Explorer
Explorer
Valkyriebush wrote:
Bounders have been a Fleetwood mainstay, Very good value in a DP. If your near Port Townsend I'd be glad to give it a good look over for you. Just PM me.

Thanks for the offer but I'm in Central Illinois, wish I did live in the northwest, beautiful country up that way.

PM for details....

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bounders have been a Fleetwood mainstay, Very good value in a DP. If your near Port Townsend I'd be glad to give it a good look over for you. Just PM me.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Check the date codes on the tires -assume you know how to read them
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

rivercity22
Explorer
Explorer
crasster wrote:
If you decide to buy it, a nice inspection from a professional RV inspector is the way to go. That way you are certain to know what you are getting into.

Thats a great idea. Where would I find a good RV inspection service in Central Illinois area?

PM for details....

rivercity22
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help.

PM for details....

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you decide to buy it, a nice inspection from a professional RV inspector is the way to go. That way you are certain to know what you are getting into.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

dkreuzen
Explorer
Explorer
My last MH was a 2003 Bounder Diesel 34M. The description of yours is very similar but ours didn't have room for a washer/dryer. I put about 40,000 miles on it in 7 years towing 6000lb trailer. No serious problems.
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 2007 16' Car Trailer

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice entry level diesel pusher. New, probably about $150K...now about $50K.

I think what I would first look for is maintenance records including the generator or receipts of maintenance.

How many miles on the coach and how many hours on the Generator?

Look for any water stains on ceiling or soft flooring that would indicate a previous leak.

The ad makes it sound pretty good...if it's the size, year, floorplan, and price that you're looking for, I'd sure go take a look at it.

Hope this helps

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

rivercity22
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Jim, this particular coach has 2 slideouts and does not have the pass through storage which really doesn't matter to me. What you you think this was new?

Decisions decisions....

PM for details....

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood made some really good coaches back then, both gas and diesel.
Bounder came out as the entry level diesel pusher, everyman's DP. For what they were intended to be, they were very good.

I don't immediately see a mention of slideouts. More are better, always, and I'd expect a 2003 to have at least 1 front big slide and a second bedroom slide.

Another thing to watch for with fleetwoods, they were one of the last to adopt raised rail chassis and full passthrough storage. If the basement bays come out with the slide, it doesn't have full pass through's. Up to you how important this is.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog