cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

floorplan with jackknife sofa and queen bed

jaycle
Explorer
Explorer
Can you find any used Class C's with a queen bed in back and a jack knife sofa in middle, no slide outs, less than 30 foot long? I've been looking and all I've seen have the dinette and maybe a captain's chair with the queen bed in the back. I'm just wondering if they ever made them that way?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Forest River, Winnebago, Coachmen, Fourwinds/Chateau/Dutchmen, Gulfstream, and Fleetwood all made a rear queen, split bath, mid kitchen, and front sofa floorplan in the late '90s going into the early 21st century. Most offered it with dinette opposite the sofa, it was the "big" C in rental fleets. You will find it in "base" or rental special (like Chalet, Majestic, Yellowstone) model lines, but not in upscale lines because those were already slideout models.

Fourwinds and Forest River continued making such a model into and beyond the 2008 RV industry collapse, again mostly for rental dealers, while some of the other brands dropped non-slide and low-priced models. (Only people willing to spend more were shopping, kind of like the car industry shrunk to luxury models during the depression).

So your brand choices start to dwindle as you looker at newer Cs, if you really don't want slideouts. But what you are looking for is out there, big numbers as ex-rental.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

vinny68
Explorer
Explorer
Look for the 28A floorplan from Four Winds, Chateau or Dutchmen. Coachmen had a 28QB with the same floorplan and I also remember a Forest River model too. You can also look at the used units from Cruise America that use the same floorplan.

jaycle
Explorer
Explorer
No, I was thinking of a 27 footer or shorter that had a queen bed in back and everything else situated some where moving forward from the queen bed- the bathroom, kitchen, jackknife sofa, and the cab over bed. But you are saying that there would be room for a dinette, too? That would be a perfect floor plan for me if I could find it used.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
R-Vision made at least one like that, TrailLite brand, but the bed was in a corner.

Almost every C manufacturer from the 1990's on made a non-slide floorplan just under 30 feet with a queen bed in back, kitchen in the middle, and dinette + jackknife sofa up front. LazyDaze still makes one, but with the longer nose on the last re-styling of the E-series, it has grown to more than 30 feet.

Don't know of any with sofa in the middle. What would be up front, the kitchen and bathroom?
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Mike_Leslie
Explorer
Explorer
My friend's 1999+- Winnebago Minnie Winnie has the queen bed, jack knife sofa, and the dinette. No slide.
Mike Leslie
2003 Minnie 29B