cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FMCA Michelin tires program.

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just got a quote of $609.00 ea for the XRV 255 80R 22.5 under the advantage program. I see them for less on the internet shipped free to my tire company. Sound right? One supplier $561.00 ea. No advantage.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800
13 REPLIES 13

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Just had my 8 Michelin 275/80R22.5 LRH #66205 X Line Energy Z tires installed Friday for $543 per tire. FMCA discount price was higher at $556.59.

When shopping, I got even lower from the Michelin Dealer closer to our house at $535 per tire, but I couldn't get in his drive because of the angle.

The commercial tire dealer I went to is an authorized Michelin retailer, and when I said my tires age out rather than wear out he new exactly what I meant. He ordered me fresh tires that took a week to arrive, and they are all date coded 12/19 or 5 weeks old.

Before you throw out the FMCA number at the front desk, ask for their price first. It might surprise you. Once you pull out your FMCA price list, they are obligated to stay with that price, even it is higher than they would have sold it to you for to begin with.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Valkyriebush wrote:
Just got a quote of $609.00 ea for the XRV 255 80R 22.5 under the advantage program. I see them for less on the internet shipped free to my tire company. Sound right? One supplier $561.00 ea. No advantage.

They certainly weren't Michelin's, but I did order some tires from Amazon once, at quite a savings, with recent DOT dates. They arrived promptly and I then took them to my tire shop for mounting.
They were Hercules and were on the coach some years later, when we sold it and after traversing the country, along with most of the lower 48 states.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looked at the FMCA tire program and belong to FMCA, but decided to save $$$ and had Toyo 154 tires installed on our Bay Star for just a little over $2,000 with new tire stems and balance beads.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Bruce_Brown
bigred1cav wrote:
You need to negotiate the purchase of your old tire. The service will sell them to farmers for field equipment.

AikenRacer wrote:
Need to consider the tire dates, disposal fee, mounting and balancing fees, etc. I looked at the FMCA program but decided to buy locally. I think the prices were fairly close.

True. I was very pleased with what our 9 year old take offs brought. I was also OK with it knowing they'd never see anything other than a farm field so safety wasn't a concern.

It was a win-win-win for everyone involved.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
You need to negotiate the purchase of your old tire. The service will sell them to farmers for field equipment.

AikenRacer wrote:
Need to consider the tire dates, disposal fee, mounting and balancing fees, etc. I looked at the FMCA program but decided to buy locally. I think the prices were fairly close.

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
The FMCA program might or might not be the cheapest way to buy tires either Michelin,Continental,or Hankook, which is stated on the website.

It should be noted that FMCA receives a few dollars from those companies when you purchase tires using the program which helps to keep your dues low

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Valkyriebush wrote:

Does the $561.00 include FET?

JImR

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I got a quote much like the OPs plus I'd have to pay a tire guy to put 'em on so the total cost woudl have approached 4000 for half a dozen of 'em

Went with Toyo's for 2300 or less out the driveway

NOW: What is the major difference? Turns out it's tread life. If you drive thousands of miles a month Toyos won't last as long.. But who ever "Wears out" tires on a Class A? I know I did not the treat on 10 year old tires looks darn near new... And that's too old for tires.. SO the TOYO's will last me every bit as long as my OEM Mitchlins. for just over half the price.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Just used the program last week. The Michelin program price was $50 or so less per tire than the dealer that installed them could sell them for before he had to add taxes. His installation cost to me was the same whether he sold them or not. He had just got the tires in the week before so they were very new. I bought them.

Maybe could have saved a few bucks somewhere else, but i put $$ in savings every month just for RV maintenance and the tires were less that I had budgeted anyway.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been going to the same shop over the years using the advantage program with no complaints. Just curious. Getting tires tommorow.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I buy tires from my local small town tire shop, I ask what the manufacture dates are and they find out and tell me. They understand why I want to know and they understand that by making me happy, they make money. I could have saved a couple of money but it is not worth it to me.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
gotta wonder how old those internet tires are. i like to save but i donโ€™t skimp on tires.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle