cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fogged window finally repaired

Whaler
Explorer
Explorer
I removed my fogged up drivers side window and took it RVFogDR in Searcy AR for repair. Happy to report it looks like new after I installed it today. Glad to be able to drive the motorhome again. It was not safe to drive due to moisture clouding traffic and not able to see the mirror clearly. Cost was reasonable too. I was somewhat surprised to see some high end motorhomes in for repairs too.
The nine hour drive to get there and back was not enjoyable. If you do not enjoy agriculture, there is not much to see coming from my town. Cotton, rice and soybeans which was in full harvest with dust thicker than fog.
2 REPLIES 2

Not_a_Yurt_
Explorer
Explorer
We were able to have our fogged windows replaced locally by a commercial glass shop. We removed the window and brought it to Metropolitan Glass in Albany, NY. They cut new double pane glass, installed it in the frame with new dessicant strips and had it back to us in four days. I say this as you may have a glass shop locally that can do this work without you having to seek out a specialty RV glass shop (maybe miles and miles away) and pay specialty prices. Yes, we had to remove the window, clean the opening's surfaces of old caulk and reinstall, but--we, and the coach, stayed home, saving gasoline, tolls, and other travel-related fees. And, hey, we like to work on our coach to do the jobs that we can do ourselves. If you have fogged windows, it's worth doing some research to see if there is a shop that can handle this close to home. Some pictures attached of the project:

Chris and Diana
Two cats
1998 Pace Arrow
2008 Honda CRV

Archie_Kravitz
Explorer
Explorer
Been there twice with my Essex. $200 for side Windows and $300 for big drivers side window. Been three years and they are still like new.That's them taking them in and out.