cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford E450 super duty transmission issue

chilly123
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, new to this forum, my wife and I bought a 2007 jayco 31ft MH back in December. besides some minor issues all has been well with it until on our way home this weekend. just noticed as we were starting up a small hill back to home turf. the MH started to hunt and lose power. after reaching the top of the hill( it was very slow going) everything smoothed out. I suspect an issue with the transmission. my question is the E450 tranny the same tranny in the E350 superduty ? haven't found any litiature for an E450. any idea's
17 REPLIES 17

chilly123
Explorer
Explorer
just replaced the fuel filter as part of routine maint. two weeks ago. I will try the gas line antifreeze. pauldub the only code I could see was an old code fuel rail pressure. this is want prompted me to replace the fuel filter. current rail pressure is 65psi.

jamesa403
Explorer
Explorer
Something else other than the transmission could be water in your fuel filter. The symptoms that you mention are similar. If you added a couple of bottles of gas line antifreeze to the gas tank, and let it run for a few minutes, this will remove any water in the fuel filter, (water won't go through the fuel filter without being broken down by the antifreeze), and you should be fine. This is a cheap fix for the first thing to try. With a MH this age, and if the fuel filter hasn't been changed, this could be the problem.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Should be the same tranny in both. I'd scan for codes as a code can be stored without setting the check engine light.