cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forest River Sunseeker 3050

houtrz
Explorer
Explorer
We are interested in buying a new Sunseeker 3050. This unit only has one slide but it's a full wall driver slide. Does anyone currently own a 3050 that can give me some feedback on problems/issues you encountered.

Another problem I am concerned about is the coach only has one AC and I live south of Houston where it's HOT. My last fiver had cheapo insulation but this has extruded block foam which I assume is far better. Anyone in South Texas own either the 3050 or a large Sunseeker with one AC? How well does it cool?

Any other suggestions/ideas would be great,

Thanks, Wesley
5 REPLIES 5

Shooter2
Explorer
Explorer
Get the heat pump for both units. You will very rarely ever use propane furnace in you area. ONE AC will work if you like the interior in the low to high 80s when the ambient gets to 98+. Ac units are designed to lower inside air by 15-17* with good insulation, 2" of foam is not GOOD insulation and less in slide roof. Bite the bullet and get the second ac/heat pump, but not in the bedroom unless you want to be frozen at night by a blue norther and kept awake by the loud fan. We put our 2nd ac/ heat pump in the front vent. Initially wired to separate box and cord to plug in to separate 20a park outlet. we maintain 70* in the summer at 120+ ambient with normal cycling.
If factory order have factory wiring and install.
JMHO
13 SUNSEEKER 3110
14 WRANGLER UNLIMITED TOAD
KZ5PZ
G S LIFE

WayneLee
Explorer
Explorer
I have one on order right now, expecting it to arrive in about 4 weeks. We downsized after owning a 38' Holiday Rambler Endeavor with 2 A/C's.

On my Endeavor, I ended up putting a 15.5 unit up front and keeping the 13.5 unit for the back. I was able to keep the temperature moderate, even in the desert.

So, when I ordered my Sunseeker, with only 1 A/C, I upgraded the A/C to a 15.5 unit and that should really help keep it cool. We will see.

Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 3050DS Class C | Hummer H3 dinghy

houtrz
Explorer
Explorer
I like it cold too and consider its been 100-104 here the last week I'm wondering how one AC would even keep it in the mid to high 70's inside the coach. I planned to tint and do the things you mentioned too but it doesn't sound like it helps much. Adding a second AC to the bedroom wouldn't be hard at all except running the wiring. I'm betting that might be challenging to make it look good.

mlh
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have your specific model. I have the 3170. I had all of the windows in the coach tinted with 5% tint and legal tint on cab doors. I use the cushions in my overhead vents. I put one of those silver windshield covers in the cab, then put up the curtain. I have the night shades only and with the shades down and the above setup, the AC barely keeps up when it is scorching outside say 95 or more. I do like it cold though (70) so my idea of comfortable may not be the same as yours. Most of the time it does keep up. I am considering putting in a separate AC in the rear bedroom in the existing vent opening. I would use a separate 20 amp circuit to power it. I can get by without it. I have for five years now, but it is just one of those things I want to eventually do. I am not sure how it would hold up in a hot desert environment. Did I mention that I like it cold?
2021 Ram 2500 Crew, 6.4, 4x4
2022 Cherokee Arctic Wolf 287BH
B and W patriot 18k slider.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
If you have not already - spend some time here, researching posts:

FROG - Forest River Owners Group

Also, drill into the Forestor section (basically sister model to the sunseekers).

There have been posts about AC and insulation not being the greatest on some of the Sunseekers. SOme discussions on adding a secong unit to larger Class C's.

I know with extreme heat, it is necessary to completly block off sunlights, windows, etc, along with running a fan to move air... To maximize cooling efforts.

I have a smaller Sunseeker 2960s (single Slide, small), 28.5 foot Class C. 2014 model, have owned it year & half. No major issues with our model, pleased with the rig so far, some small issues, couple warranty items handled well by Forest River.

Good luck with your search.

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.