cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Four Winns 5000 GM towing Question

jdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a used 2006 Four Winns 5000 28A on Chevy chassis with 6.0. Can anyone tell me rated towing capacity on this particular model. What payload specs is chassis rated for. Appreciate it.
4 REPLIES 4

mda
Explorer
Explorer
The only way to know for sure is to look at the placard located somewhere inside the motorhome.
Around 2006-2007 Chevy "beefed up" the chassis to compete with the Ford E450, which could have slide outs. Since the unit is built on a cut-away chassis, the date it was manufactured will determine the numbers on the placard. Some 2006's might have a higher towing capacity.

lowreyfarris
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2007 Four Winds 5000, 28A. I know the hitch was rated at 5,000 and I am almost positive the GCWR allowed for an additional 5,000lbs as well. There was a sheet inside the closet next to the bed on the passenger side. I had the 6.0L Chevy, and it towed my Jeep wrangler just fine. Stopping was a little more difficult, I added the ready brake and. I was very happy with this setup. I got about 9mgp while towing. My newer V10 is around 7.
2013 Sunseeker 3170DS
1999 Jeep Wrangler

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is a copy of of my CARGO CARRYING CAPACITY for my 2006 Chevy Chassis with a 6.0
As you can see the GTW (Gross Towed Weight) is 3,500 Lbs.
This will also give you the payload specs for each axle

Hope this helps.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
At least through 2004, motorhomes built on the Express 3500 cutaway chassis usually got a 3500 pound tow rating, and had a 12,300 GVWR (though smaller ratings were available).

Later Workhorse versions with GVWR higher than 12,300 pounds may have gotten higher tow ratings.

Door plate will have the GVWR and front and rear axle ratings. Carrying capacity will depend on how much is the actual weight of that model motorhome.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B