cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Freedom Elite owners -- are you happy?

ECones
Explorer
Explorer
Well, my wife's gone a few times with the TT and has decided that hooking / unhooking is just not what she wants to do. Plus she's just about given up on backing with our pickup. She's shopping now for a Class C and has found a Freedom Elite 28H that she wants.

The price of that unit seems to be at the low end of Class 3s of that size, and it's got me a little concerned about quality of build.

It also seems to be really easy to find low-mileage, relatively new units for sale used. Most of them seem to be rentals, so I guess that's normal.

Anyway ... any quality issues I need to know about before she pulls the trigger?

Thx . . . Ed
4 REPLIES 4

ECones
Explorer
Explorer
'preciate the input. My wife is the RVer, but she lets me go along sometimes. We've had a travel trailer for a while, but she really wants a Class C, and with our budget, she really likes the Freedom Elite 28H. So .... she bought one today. I guess I'm committed huh? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thx for the input.

LRover
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Freedom Elite 21c which I dearly love. I have had no problems with it other than a loose shower drain right after I bought it which was a 10 minute fix. Its been a great size for my wife and I

2dogtravellin
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 21ft Freedom Elite. It was the perfect "starter home". We had it for about 3 years and learned everything we wanted in our next one. There wasn't any one particular aspect of it that was bad. It was just that everything was just below decent quality. The dinette cushions flattened out in less than a year. The cabinets got loose and started to squeak very quickly. We had to have a number of silly things repaired within the first few months (on a new motorhome). Moldings came off. Hinges broke. None of it was major but together all of the little things became very annoying.

We now own a 24ft Lazy Daze and it's amazing the difference in quality. Of course, it cost more, but I can see us keeping this for many years.

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
If it were me, the Four Winds Majestic 28A rental return at about $21,000 sounds very tempting (has higher mileage). I think it is a bit more sturdy than the freedom. We looked at a Freedom rental return and decided against purchase. We finally chose a used Jayco Class C because of the features included standard. However, the Majestic seems to be pretty solid and a number of people have been very happy with their purchase.

Just depends on features and quality level you are interested in. Its a very personal decision.