cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fuel pump and sender module

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had to replace their fuel pump lately? My gauge quit working and needless to say, it's part of the pump module. It seems that this is a factory ordered part and VERY pricy($600). I'm just wondering what anyone else has had to pay for the part(no labor). See my signature for make and model.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad
7 REPLIES 7

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the info and advice folks. Predawn, I wish I had talked to you before they started on mine. Guys I'm aware it's a '97 chassis(built in Mexico). This is one of those "live and learn things".
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
A lot of times you can rebuild those and it's not too hard. Often just some crud on the sending unit. Marvel Mystery Oil can really help stuff not build up.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I had mine replaced because failed it was under warranty about $1100 cost me $300 deductible
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Rock Auto has the pump you need for your 1997 F53 chassis. Use the PFS48, listed on the bottom of the page. $330.79. Ford did not build a 1998 model year F53 chassis. 1998 Ford based Class A motorhomes are built on 97 (460) or 99 (V10) model year F53 chassis.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

predawn
Explorer
Explorer
tommy g wrote:
Has anyone had to replace their fuel pump lately? My gauge quit working and needless to say, it's part of the pump module. It seems that this is a factory ordered part and VERY pricy($600). I'm just wondering what anyone else has had to pay for the part(no labor). See my signature for make and model.

http://www.sarad.com/productinfo.aspx?p=177860

Brand: Motorcraft Condition: Brand New

Price: $323.64 List Price: $589.57
RETURNS NOTICE: This is a special order item! It is fully warrantied but cannot be returned because you do not want it anymore or it does not fit! If you are not sure about fitment, please email us at sales@sarad.com or call us with your VIN number to make sure it is the correct part for your vehicle: (718) 485-5003. We will gladly help you!

1rickw
Explorer
Explorer
Just had mine replaced last month. The fuel pump was over $600 and with labor, it came to over $1300. The gas tank has to be dropped because the pump in in the top of the tank.
2004 Jamboree 26Q

+ great wife to travel with

:B
2012 Honda Fit towing 4 down with BrakeBuddy

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
Fill up every 250-300 miles and forget about the fuel gauge. Non OEM replacement pumps with senders can be bought for under $3oo.