cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fuel stops around Durango

jtad
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of a place to get diesel near Durango or on the way to Ouray? 40 foot diesel pusher pulling a Jeep.
2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DST
12 REPLIES 12

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
This pub won't help you in Durango, but is great on the interstates:

http://www.thenextexit.com/
2014 American Eagle

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Durango is an extremely busy area. I'd highly recommend that you get fuel before Durango. Your destination of Ouray and nearby Montrose have good stations, too.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
jtad wrote:
96Bounder are any of the stops in Durango big enough to get a 40' with a toad into?

Yes!.... Several of the stations are angled so you pull right in straight to the pump..... Then you would exit left, out the side street back to 550......

Another option you might consider is.... Stopping in Cortez if you are going that way..... The stations there are much larger than the ones in Durango..... Easy in and easy out...
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always check gasbuddy taking long trip.
Lately been to Las Vegas, coming from California.
When truck stops sell diesel for average $2.85, couple of stations on the route had it for $2.55. With big tank that can save you enough for good dinner.
A tip - some of those truck stops in the middle of nowhere don't have too many updates and GB map default is 24 hr and regular.
I open the map and in the corner with option change it to diesel and to 72 or 96 hr

jtad
Explorer
Explorer
96Bounder are any of the stops in Durango big enough to get a 40' with a toad into?
2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DST

ncrowley
Explorer II
Explorer II
The road from Durango to Ouray is hair raising in an RV. Actually, it is interesting in a car as well. I go out of my way to not use that road when driving the RV.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm currently in Durango......on 550 along the main strip there are several stations that sell diesel.... The Valero is $2.63 tonight....

I've been here for 8 days so far and I can tell you other than the train to Silverton Durango is not very crowded....

Have a good time!
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
As stated plenty of fuel stops. Here is a link, beautiful drive but you drive, let passenger look.

http://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/635-million-dollar-highway-usa.html

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are plenty of stations along 160 coming from the east or west. Fill before you get to Durango and you'll have less congestion.

Hwy 550 from Durango to Ouray is one of our favorite drives. The 4-wheeling in Silverton is awesome. Have fun!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
40 foot pulling a toad. Are you considering taking the "direct" route? If so, that means the million dollar highway and, unless you have a very strong constitution, is one HE77 of a drive. If you have not, Google Million Dollar Highway. Friends of our sent us a similar warning (we were completely unaware) and we took a major detour to avoid this road.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, start with Gas Buddy.

In Gas Buddy, click on the station you are interested in. COPY and paste the address into Google Maps and look at overhead and street view.

Between the two websites, you can be pretty confident in what you are doing.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Check with GasBuddy.com

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com