Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full Time Motorhome

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Long time member on the forum...

Shopping for a used motorhome for full time living with a washer/drier connection. We probably will buy a gas rig.

Suggestions of some brands and models that are set up with W/D connections that you own?

Thanks
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer
29 REPLIES 29

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
As mentioned before, the Tiffin 36 LA is a great bath and a half coach.
We have had ours now for a year and a half. Although we aren't full-timers, the DW loves the combo w/d.

We often mention that we could live full time in it. There's so much storage in the basement.

Ours is a 2014 model, and after looking for almost two years we found this one with low mileage (21,000), and well taken care of for $83K.

We did consider a Winny with pretty much the same floor plan, but went Tiffin which has the fiberglass roof instead of the rubber compound.

Before we bought, I hired a professional r/v inspector, ($800) to perform the inspection. Not sure why, but he stated that the Tiffin coaches from 2010 thru 2016 were their "wonder" years, and had a very good track record for quality.
I'm sure that could really be debated, but just thought I'd throw that in.

Be patient, you'll figure it out.

Also, add f/t coach insurance to your budget. It can be pretty pricey.

Best of luck.

Skip
KillingTime

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
$60 K

You should pick up a well maintained high level unit for that.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Any specific reason to avoid a DP? I think you'll find more DP's with a floorplan you like and a W/D than gassers with W/D.

believe me, the cost difference between gas vs diesel is a wash. what you spend on one you'll spend on the other. the big difference is the time spent on maintenance.

Really? 7 quart oil change for a gas coach. 20 + quarts for a diesel.
Replacement engines don't cost the same.
No turbo on a gas coach to fail.
Heaver diesel coach has more expensive tires.

Richard

My Newmar 4080 mountain aire
engine cost is 10 k (rebuilt- exchanged ) but I'll never need one cummins 8.3 usually lasts well over 300k gas not so much.
I've bought 3 sets of new tires. costs varies want to run china booms go for it.
Most of the newer gas engines have turbos some has two each.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
No further help needed. Thanks anyway.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
No thanks

Clearly no one is going to be able to offer you the help you claim to want. There is no answer to your question and you don't help you case any with answers like this from folks who thought you were sincere.

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
This post is about a washer/dryer and not about gas vs diesel. Thanks anyway.

Based on this it seems it would be much simpler to just add a combo unit to your current set up and keep traveling.

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
Just to be clear; you want someone to offer up a recommendation on a used gas MH - no specific year range, no specific length, no specific floorplan, no specific brand with a W/D, under $60k?

Why not just go to RV trader and search for used gassers in your price range (I would recommend a year range and brand as filters) and pluck the ones with W/D that you like? I think you'd actually get more value in responses if you did the work and found ones YOU liked and came back for opinions on those.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:

Your original post said you would "probably" buy the gas rig, which leaves the whole gas vs diesel discussion open, especially considering that percentage-wise, I think far more diesel coaches will be equipped with washer/dryers than gas coaches.

Just be thankful for the responses, even those that might seemingly be a bit off-topic. Keep it light. You've got the time to post, and we've got the time to respond (unless someone here has a plane to catch :W)
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
No thanks
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:

I can only say that you are going at this the wrong way. Every manufacturer builds some model that includes a W/D or the hookups. Start with the Floorplan (that's going to require visiting many, many RVs for sale). If you find a Floorplan you love you just need to find a similar one with a W/D.
If you buy an RV simply because it has a W/D you and the wife will end up being disappointed.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Having owned both, one reason I can understand buying a gasser over a diesel for full-timimg is entry access. IMO (note I'm saying IMO) it is much easier for ME to enter the coach through the side door rather than a front door, having to maneuver around the co-pilot seat and up the inside stairs. And, maybe it's just me!
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info...
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
I'm looking for specific make and model recommendations, not general info.

What about a Winnebago... what models have W/D connections?

You'll have to do the heavy lifting.

However, I did a quick search on PPL Motorhomes and found 29 of 99 Class A gassers had some sort of W/D hookup.

For example, this 2006 National RV Dolphin has W/D connections.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs