cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun / Projects / with my 1997 America Dream

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
Borrowed a trailer and getting ready for some fun in the sun (it's cold here now 30's again tonight)

I went and bought a 8 inch drop hitch, the 6 inch had the deck at too much of an angle, and I think I'm going to turn the jeep around on the trailer (engine is the heaviest part so I will put it to the rear).

The tire minder came today so I will put that on

The house will be house sat by my son, who is going to do some rust repair on my other son's new to him pickup.

320 REPLIES 320

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
GlennLever wrote:
So we walked around a little this morning in Jellystone RV Park

If we had kids this would be a great place to stop while visiting the DC area.

fwiw there's another one of those in that basic area (relative to DC)....in Luray Virginia...smack dab in the middle of the shenandoah valley, with very close proximity to the skyline drive.
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
So we walked around a little this morning in Jellystone RV Park

If we had kids this would be a great place to stop while visiting the DC area.

Left there around 9. The trip down to Summerton SC was pleasant. Route 66 was very scenic. Road was smooth and most of the time you do not see the other side.

We are currently in Palmetto Shores RV Resort in Summerton SC. Not nearly as nice as last nit, the site assigned was not long enough (even though we specified out length, had to move as the trailer was out in the road. No paved roads, all sand, low trees, sites not level, near the expressway, we can hear it.

Next stop Hudson Florida for the window repair.

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
We left this morning

and will try a route suggested by Bob 390-90-81-66-17-95

We are currently in Jellystone Park Williamsport, Maryland.

We arrived after dark, but seems very nice, roads are narrow, and parking spot is gravel and not quite level

Full hookups, cable, 50 amp off season $38.00 Quite.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
"I'm interested in any interesting or different roads to take or things to see on the way down."

Jog off your course and visit the Outer Banks of NC and see the Wright Bros. Memorial, NC Aquarium, Light houses, Blackbeard Museum,etc., load your MH on ferry and visit Ocracoke IS, Ride the ferry to Cedar IS and visit Moorehead city and other coastal towns and cities on your way down. Lots to see and enjoy on the coast of Carolina.

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the wishes.

I should have some updates from the foggy window repair and the LED light install

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
You have a well prepped rig from all the work!!!! Can't wait to get our rig back out at Thanksgiving.
Safe travels & enjoy.
2005 Damon Astoria 3679
300 Cummins ISB 5.9, Allison auto 5 speed

Life is to short not to have a good time and enjoy!!!

phranc
Explorer
Explorer
Safe travels ,Glenn. We will save some snow for you..
2008 Diesel Bounder 38V

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
Well we are packed and ready to leave for Florida for a month.

We have the 84 Jeep CJ-7 tucked away in the trailer for bombing around in towns.

My oldest son will be house sitting and feeding the fish while we are gone.

It will give him a break from living in an apartment, with a roommate. He is working on placing an offer on a home two blocks from us. He wants to buy it and rent it back to the occupants until his lease runs out.

We are leaving Monday morning from Rochester NY to Huston Florida (to Sun Coast Design) to get two windows fixed, 90-79-70-64-77-74-95-295-10-75 then on to St James City 275-75

I'm interested in any interesting or different roads to take or things to see on the way down.

Leaving just in the nick of time, there was snow 50 miles south of us last night and may be more tonight.

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
heres a whole thread on AWNING / LED mods....

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27932888/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1
Don R.

kcny
Explorer
Explorer
My sister, friend and I all bought something similar to the one on the right: We're all happy with them. Very bright when needed and dimming them in color gives a nice atmosphere.
32' 1992 Holiday Rambler 1000

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Glenn - sent you a Private Message
Don R.

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
So I am thinking about purchasing and installing this.

I would most likely only use the white light but would by the color version to have the option incase an event "called" for a party atmosphere.

Has anyone had any experience with this product?

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
robertbenita wrote:
That seems to make sense to me. Seems like there ought to be instructions on adjusting the screws somewhere like in a new installation pamphlet or something. I hope it works!

I sent a message to Power gear.

Ok, how about if I loosen the mounting screws and insert washers between the base of the unit and the ceiling of the basement?

That way I am not touching the unit adjustment screws, just altering the angle which it is mount to the ceiling of the basement of the motor home?

I got this message back.

Hello,

I have attached a PDF tip sheet for adjusting these screws, try this and see what you get. Take the voltage measurements first before adjusting anything. Thank you.

Bill

This is the PDF that they sent, there is an adjustment that can be made. I do not know if I will get a chance to try it before I go.

robertbenita
Explorer
Explorer
That seems to make sense to me. Seems like there ought to be instructions on adjusting the screws somewhere like in a new installation pamphlet or something. I hope it works!

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
robertbenita wrote:
If it were me and I had time, I would mark two of the screws (both front or both back or whichever has the issue) so I know exactly where they are before I messed with them, (in case all I can do is make it worse). Then I would count the turns as I screw in or out and do the same on both. Then I would try the system out to see if it made any difference. Once you know what the screws will change, then mark them all and make your adjustment to level. I would write everything down and put the instructions into my box of RV information I carry with me in case I have to deal with it again and I will remember what I did and why I did and how I did the fix. Getting it to work, especially given that yours requires an upgraded box ($$$) and additional wiring ($$$) would drive me to do this or get used to making the issue not bother me and work around it. Good luck!

I have been thinking about this.

What I thought I would do is loose the screws that hold the base of the sensor to the ceiling of the basement and then put washers, between the base of the sensor and the ceiling and then retighten the screws. That way I have not touched the "factor set" screws and am just modifying the tilt of what the unit thinks is the ceiling of the basement???????