cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun / Projects / with my 1997 America Dream

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
Borrowed a trailer and getting ready for some fun in the sun (it's cold here now 30's again tonight)

I went and bought a 8 inch drop hitch, the 6 inch had the deck at too much of an angle, and I think I'm going to turn the jeep around on the trailer (engine is the heaviest part so I will put it to the rear).

The tire minder came today so I will put that on

The house will be house sat by my son, who is going to do some rust repair on my other son's new to him pickup.

320 REPLIES 320

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
well I'm never going to Camping World again because of this kind of dirty buisness, just terrible how things are run now. I think I will be moving on from here as well for this forum doing what they did. They very easily could have given him the refund and some moneys for his time, very sleazy, Take care guys

cj7365
Explorer
Explorer
WOW, I am just floored.

Glenn also said on the iRV2 forum, THAT A REFUND IS NOT PENDING.

Mr. Mark you are right about a positive outcome if CW made it right.

I have never used CW and now I will never even consider using them.

One of the main reasons for me coming in over here on RV.net, was because of Glenn's post, he was a great contributor.

See ya CW/RV.net

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:
And just think of the publicity that Camping World would have gotten if they 'made it right' with the awning disaster. I mean really, screwing in an awning arm with just the fiberglass as support?

A complete refund would have gone a long way with good customer service.

MM.

Watch it Mr. Mark we my be next.

You could sign up as 'Anne Brez' and I would be 'Mrs. Anne' LOL! 😛
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
And just think of the publicity that Camping World would have gotten if they 'made it right' with the awning disaster. I mean really, screwing in an awning arm with just the fiberglass as support?

MM.

Watch it Mr. Mark we my be next.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
2bzy2c wrote:
Not sure what you are saying. It seems as if they have "banned" GlennLever. That could not be true, is it?

Looks like it. I guess it's a warning for all of us not to stir the pot. Lol.
Can still read it Here.
2015 Wrangler JKU

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
Man this was one of my favorite threads, and Glenn IMO was a great contributor. 😞
1999 Harney Renegade
Mostly used for overnights at the drag strip.

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure what you are saying. It seems as if they have "banned" GlennLever. That could not be true, is it?
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

AnneLever
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World has revoked my log GlennLever in is response to ***Link Removed***

They closed that thread with the statement

"To All,

At this time this post will be closed. Camping World is working with the customer on a refund at this time. Thank you all again for your time and interest.

Thank you,

Mark
Marcus' Rapid Response Team "

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
This is an update on the pump repair.

All the parts have been located.

The pump was dropped off at a pump shop to be rebuilt. It was found that the pump "could" be put back together with just the new shaft, but that the thrust surfaces were not good and the gears "should " should be replace.

The rebuild with the additional parts would have been $1,300 with a one year warranty.

A new pump is $1,500 and has a two year warranty. I elected to go that way.

The greasable spline kit for the PTO is $350.00 and will be in the hands of the pump people this Thursday.

I'm thinking everything should be back together some time early next week.

We had been planning a trip out west this fall, but it is now getting pretty late and I think we might have missed the weather window.

I'm thinking the best thing to do is to bring it home when it is ready and put it to bed for the winter.

There are some projects I want to do over the winter which can be done with the furnace heat.

I would like to upgrade the TV, put a Blue Ray DVD player in and a sound bar, all in the current tube TV location.

I also want to replace the blinds which were broken by Caledonia RV (they did reimburse us for the blind they broke, but all of them will have to be replaced so they all match.

The rope lights they installed are all falling down, so I need to come up with a way to put them back so they stay.

I also want to pull the drive-shaft and have the U-Joints replaced and the drive-shaft balanced. It appears that when I was having chassis maintenance done the grease fittings on the u-joints were missed.

I will be building the service ramps I posted plans for earlier.

I also want to look into buying new tires. The motor home was sold to me with new tires on it, but the load range on the front tires is just a little light. I'm also seeing VERY small cracks in the sidewall of one of the rear tires. That date codes on the tires are correct for them being new when I purchased the motor home.

As far as the trip out west goes, I'm thinking we will skip the first race of next season and go in the spring.

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
bshpilot wrote:
Glenn

where are you ? how can we help ?
I'll PM you my cell & email - I'm happy to help or if you can find parts in Houston Tx area ill help get them to you one way or another.

We are currently located just north of Columbus Ohio. We are now thinking of scenarios on towing the motor home to a shop, having my son drive out pickup here and towing the trailer home.

mike brez wrote:
bshpilot wrote:
Glenn

I'll PM you my cell & email - I'm happy to help or if you can find parts in Houston Tx area ill help get them to you one way or another.

It's just a hose with a T from the trans. Here is mine.

Thanks for the picture, if this is not a quick fix, we will incorporate the kit into the fix.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
bshpilot wrote:
Glenn

It's just a hose with a T from the trans. Here is mine.

2015 Wrangler JKU

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Glenn

Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
Glenn,

Down load this link-- discusses Allison PTO-driven hydraulic pumps. Happen to be on Country Coaches:
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A86.J3fg1vlVfxcAqnonnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByYnR1Zmd1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMyBHZ...

I have read the article, and passed the kit number on to the guy looking for parts. Looks simple enough, although where they get the oil from is not stated. This could wait until I get home as they state a 30,000 mile interval.

Still stranded, the shaft for the PTO has been located, the shaft for the pump has not.