cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generator in Itasca Will Not Start?

JQgolf
Explorer
Explorer
The Onan 5500 Marquis Gold in my 2011 Itasca Sunova will not start. We just returned from a 10 week 7,500 mile trip, but didn't use the generator, although I ran it a couple of times on trip. The coach gas tank is full, the batteries are charged, I had engine running on coach and there was nothing when I tried to start on the panel or on the generator. No grinding, clicking? Would this be an electrical issue? I'll check circuit breakers or fuses when I go back over to storage. Any other thing I should already know about?
4 REPLIES 4

brandonrv
Explorer
Explorer
Happened to me a while back. Turns out mice got up and chewed some wires. Better take it in.
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k

joeprinter
Explorer
Explorer
Check your oil level too, mine wouldnt start one day, an happened to be low on oil, added oil poof started an ran fine
"2012 Forest River 360 DS"
"Ford V-10"
"2013 Toyota Corolla on Tow Dolly"

ejc1214
Explorer
Explorer
I had something similar to what happened to you on my 2011 Itasca Sunstar. It turned to to be the 12v solenoid. When you turn the house battery switch on doe it click? If not , it's not giving you 12v. I had shore power but not 12v at all. I am always plugged into 50amp even at home so I decided to leave it on until RV season is over for us, Late Fall to get it fixed. So, if you have shore power and not 12V power then it's the solenoid on the house battery.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
check to be sure that the connections at your batteries are clean and tight and also those same connections at the genny. had the same issue you described a year or so ago and found loose battery connections at the genny.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle