cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generator

Wehren
Explorer
Explorer
This is coming from a real skeptic when it comes to taking my equipment anywhere to be repaired. The 7.5 Onan generator in my 99 Windsor wouldn't start after I changed the oil, filter & air cleaner. You all know I asked for suggestions on how to fix it. I did find out the magnets tore loose, broke the fan and could have caused other damage. I ended up "chatting" with Mike Ripberger, service manager at Cummins Northwest in Coburg, OR. He gave me an estimate and I felt he really knew what he was talking about. Took my rip up, parked it in their yard with water and electric hookups. Met with Mike and was convinced this guy knew what it was all about. Aaron, the tech, worked on it for one day, other mechanics serviced the transmission and another found big cracks in the serpentine belt and tensioner. While the total bill was more than I anticipated, we both were very happy to pay it. We cannot say enough about the professionalism & expertise of everyone we came in contact with there. Mike and Aaron are experts. We cannot recommend them highly enough. Cummins Northwest in Coburg, OR is the place to go.
Jim and Elsie Wehren
4 REPLIES 4

stuplich
Explorer
Explorer
Wehren wrote:
This is coming from a real skeptic when it comes to taking my equipment anywhere to be repaired. The 7.5 Onan generator in my 99 Windsor wouldn't start after I changed the oil, filter & air cleaner. You all know I asked for suggestions on how to fix it. I did find out the magnets tore loose, broke the fan and could have caused other damage. I ended up "chatting" with Mike Ripberger, service manager at Cummins Northwest in Coburg, OR. He gave me an estimate and I felt he really knew what he was talking about. Took my rip up, parked it in their yard with water and electric hookups. Met with Mike and was convinced this guy knew what it was all about. Aaron, the tech, worked on it for one day, other mechanics serviced the transmission and another found big cracks in the serpentine belt and tensioner. While the total bill was more than I anticipated, we both were very happy to pay it. We cannot say enough about the professionalism & expertise of everyone we came in contact with there. Mike and Aaron are experts. We cannot recommend them highly enough. Cummins Northwest in Coburg, OR is the place to go.
Jim and Elsie Wehren

Jim
Far to often DIY turns out to be "Damage It Yourself" and "professional service" is usually expensive, (but sometimes worth the price).
I have often been asked, "What was wrong BEFORE you tried to fix it"??
I'm glad to see that you found a good/reliable shop.
Congratulations, they are few and far between!
Mel
'96 Safari

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Really good to hear about places that do right by folks. I, too, much prefer having somebody charge a fair price for doing the job right the first time. And I hate having to take it back 6 times for screw-up control.

Even if the last 5 times are "free."

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Cummins NW store in Renton that I have had only good experiences with as well. They are expensive, but they do it right the first time, and that makes it worth the expense.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Always refreshing to hear GOOD reports on services facilities.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis