cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting around Baltimore

ricardo
Explorer
Explorer
Will be traveling around Baltimore from south to north ( 3south to I 83 north). Looks like can go west side or east side. Coming up from Williamsburg and going to Hershey. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It has already been suggested that we use 17to 301 around the east side of D.C. Thanks
Rick and Sandy
2010 American Tradition 45ft
425 Cummins
GMC Envoy
6 REPLIES 6

mda
Explorer
Explorer
As stated traffic conditions can change quickly. Avoid rush hour and take I-695 west to go the around Baltimore to I-83 North. Be careful at the I-83 interchange, stay in the right lane and watch signs carefully.
It is not a bad drive if traffic isn't too bad.

univmd
Explorer
Explorer
Because traffic conditions change all the time, we simply follow Google Maps on our iPhone, which is traffic enabled, and tells you the fastest route live.
2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I-64 to I-95 to US 301 (exit 104, stay in right lane) to US 50 East to I-97 North to I-695 West (right lanes off of I-97)to I-83 North. Its best to take the PA Turnpike East to avoid Harrisburg, exit at I-223 North to 322 East to 422 East....You will see the signs.....hope this helps.....17 to 301 is also a nice ride.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We just used the Rt 3 to 301 to I-97 to get to Baltimore from the Lexington Park area and it was a good road with not too much traffic on it.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
ricardo wrote:
Will be traveling around Baltimore from south to north ( 3south to I 83 north). Looks like can go west side or east side. Coming up from Williamsburg and going to Hershey. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It has already been suggested that we use 17to 301 around the east side of D.C. Thanks

Time of day is critical -- do not try to contend with anything near rush hour or Sunday afternoon.

From and earlier post;

Busskipper wrote:
one more option;

RE: I-95S NJ toward D.C.

link

From an earlier post, will give you one alternative, One more option around Baltimore that we always use; Directions around Baltimore using Marylandโ€™s Eastern Shore from the Delaware Memorial Bridge. IMHO avoid all cities during Rush Hour + Travel time 9:30 โ€“ 3:00 and always check for construction. http://i10.tinypic.com/82woghv.jpg width=720 Printed directions From I-95 or I-295 On I-95 South -- to Exit 4A Rt 1/7 Christiana Rd -- South -- 4 +- miles Merge into Rt 13/1 South -- 5+- miles over Chesapeake and Delaware Canal Exit 148 right lane immediately after CDC Bridge this will loop under the Bridge to Rt 13 South -- 3+- miles to Right turn on Rt 896 West -- 3+- miles to Left on Rt 301 South This will take you over the Bay Bridge (No Toll) to Annapolis you can continue on Rt 301 South or take Rt 50 to Washington DC and I-95 This will get you around Baltimore is a very pleasant drive on MD's Eastern Shore -- stay 9 over the speed limit Max and you will be fine. After driving up to my Son's college for five years in NJ I found this is one of the most pleasant drives around. (4 years for him 1 year for his friends) Hope this is of some help, From an earlier post, will give you one alternative, Saves money and time -- and is so much less stress! BOL,

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

lac0908
Explorer
Explorer
I've always taken the west side; shorter distance and no tolls. I can't comment on the current road conditions / construction.

Larry