cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Bye Class A forum!

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
I joined RV.Net almost 20 years ago now when I bought my first motorhome, a gas Rexhall 32 foot Class A. It was a good motorhome, but it only lasted me a couple of years before I upgraded to a Tropical 35 foot DP. That was in 2004. Had that motorhome for 16 years and used it a lot. Great motorhome that only gave me minor problems. But after 19 years of Class Aโ€™s, we decided that the way we use a motorhome, weโ€™d be better off with something smaller. We rarely stay in any one spot more than a few days and we often cover a lot of miles when we do go out. The big Class A meant we always had to bring the toad because you just canโ€™t drive downtown real easy in a Class A. So we traded in the Class A on a Nexus Viper Class B+.

Just picked up the new motorhome last week in Phoenix and drove it home to Reno. Itโ€™s going to take some getting used to the smaller size, it was a little cramped, but the ease of driving and getting into places is going to make it well worth it. For example we drove home up the Extraterrestrial Highway. As we were approaching Rachel NV I see the famous black mail box on the side of the road. But I had already passed it by the time I saw it. In the DP with a toad there would be no going back. But since there was no traffic for miles, I stopped in the middle of the highway and made about a 8 point turn in the middle of the highway and went back to the black mailbox for some touristy photos. That was the main reason for changing. I want to make some cross country trips and not have to bring the toad and yet still be able to get anyplace I want to go. I think itโ€™s going to work out just fine. And one of the reasons for going for this particular motorhome over something on the Sprinter Chassis, is I have a 7.6 liter ford V-8. So if I do want to bring the toad, the Viper will tow it without problem.

So Iโ€™ll be giving up the Class A forum and be hanging out down on the Class B+ forum!

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

20 REPLIES 20

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
msmith1199 wrote:
And one of the reasons for going for this particular motorhome over something on the Sprinter Chassis, is I have a 7.6 liter ford V-8.

Are you sure it's a 7.6 liter Ford V-8 :@
\

Yes, Iโ€™m sure.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Join the club! After 20+ years with a 34' TT, we sold it and are moving to a truck camper for those same reasons. We decided a TC would be best for us because we need 4x4 for beach access. Best of luck with your new rig and happy travels!

I always say, an RV can't be too big when it's parked or too small when it's going down the road...

Bruce_Brown
^^^ I think Mercedes would be surprised someone put a Ford engine in their Sprinter chassis. :W Must be a prototype. :B Unless I'm missing something it sure looks like a Ford chassis.

Looking at the chassis specs I suspect the OP may mean the new Ford 7.3 engine??? The specs say "Ford gas engine" and "E450" so it's either that or the 6.2L.

I certainly hope msmith comes back to clear up the confusion.

Seriously though, just because the Class A is gone doesn't mean anyone has to leave. Everyone is welcome here.

Nice looking rig too!
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
msmith1199 wrote:
And one of the reasons for going for this particular motorhome over something on the Sprinter Chassis, is I have a 7.6 liter ford V-8.

Are you sure it's a 7.6 liter Ford V-8 :@

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are not alone in this concept. Welcome to the club!
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Asโ€™ loss is the B+sโ€™ gain.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad