cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got yelled at!

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
Last night, I was sitting outside reading quite late - like 1AM. Just couldn't sleep. I had no music, no TV, and a bottle of water. Just nice quiet time with the sounds of late-night nature. The reason I sat outside is that my leg is a bouncer, and it drives my partner crazy.

So, the guy next to us on the DRIVER SIDE SITE comes over and raises holly hell that I am sitting outside this late, and that it is quiet time! He was loud. So, I stood up, took off my glasses and asked him why I was bothering him? He said it was quiet time and everyone is supposed to be in their RV. I told him to go away and call the host if he has a problem with it, and to leave me alone.

This morning, his wife came over to apologize. But, they still moved to another site. I am OK with that. The camp host came by to ask what happened, and I explained. He just rolled his eyes, and said he was sorry to bother me.

So, reading quietly is not allowed, according to this guy? I sit outside late often to read. While it is not normally that late, I am a bit of a night-owl. Thoughts?
98 REPLIES 98

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Was there an aroma about the gentelman that suggested that smoking in his presence might lead to "The Human Torch" effect?

(You know, Alcohol) sure sounds like it to me.

Or perhaps like me he is a diabetic and unlike me, hypoglycemic (Which causes the same kind of actions drunk causes).

That one has a 'fruity' smell (ketones) about it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
On the snoreing thing, if you have sleep apena, you probably will swear that you do not snore, while others say you do. Believe it or not, you can't hear yourself snore, because you are asleep!! The point to say is that sleep apnea is a SERIOUS problem, and can cause you to die, or get you killed if you fall asleep at the wrong time. Please do not ignore this, and if others say you snore, believe them!! Solutions are simple, and can save your and others life. BTW, I can and will sit up outside all night if I want to. Quite hours mean quite, not locked inside!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner, Ok now your get'n personal, my wife "claims", unsubstantiated of course, that I snore like a freight train. I can honestly say I don't snore.

When my leg gets to shaking that's a warning to me that I didn't hear the beeping telling me my leg needs recharging. Cure, I just take it off, lean it in the corner, plug it into the wall wart and let it charge. A 4 hr charge will last 2 days, I wonder if I could put solar panels on it?
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
paulsang wrote:
I chose to treat it as amusing.

I believe he probably did have some form of dementia, or awoke from a really bad dream. He wasn't a senior by any stretch, but more my age...about 50ish.

1) I was under my awning with a table lamp and a 60watt bulb. He was camped on the driver side site...so that is the OTHER SIDE from the awning.
2) I was drinking bottled water. No soda cans were popped.
3)I was out there two hours without getting up once, so no doors were opened.

I find it amusing that people are twisting it around. By page 5, I predict I will be completely at fault, and that I will be branded a bad camper.:p

You didn't do anything wrong. I would be happy that my neighbor stayed up late keeping an eye on what's going on. Some people are just nuts and thank goodness I've never had a problem with any neighbor in 6 yrs. of RVing (in our own rig).

I'm tolerant of most everything as I want every camper to enjoy themselves. No offense to Old Biscuit, but I wouldn't want to be next to a smoker or someone who loves bonfires. If the smoke comes my way, it's not pleasant, I like clean fresh air.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not to get too far off topic, but my favorite story that I told on here that got twisted was back when I was cop. (retired two years ago) I was driving home from work in an unmarked police car on the freeway. A guy towing a 5th wheel ran right up on my bumper. I started to speed up to pull away from him and he kept right up with me. At 80 mph I heard a loud bang. This all happened within just a few seconds. The loud bang was one of the tires on his 5th wheel blowing. As it went it tore out a large chunk of trailer as I could see insulation flying and sheet metal hanging out from the trailer.

By several pages into the replies to my story it was all my fault! I was even accused of entrapment because I sped up which made it so he could speed up too! Forget the fact that he was already going 80 when he flew right up on my bumper. I didn't even give the guy a ticket. We were at an off ramp and he pulled off and I just continued on home hoping he learned his lesson about trailer tires and high speeds.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you are completely at fault, and are a bad camper. shame, shame, shame. 🙂
bumpy

path1
Explorer
Explorer
paulsang wrote:

I find it amusing that people are twisting it around. By page 5, I predict I will be completely at fault, and that I will be branded a bad camper.:p

Ya, you didn't say what type of park it was or how it was rated. I do see this is posted in Class A, so type of hitch or 4x4 or SWD or DWD is not an issue. And nothing if frig was on elec or propane or maybe you have solar. OK just trying to help so it gets to page 5.

(I also know how you feel "and that I will be branded a bad camper" I think you handled it very well IMO)
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
msmith1199 wrote:
paulsang wrote:

I once posted a question on here asking about learning to weld and the best type of small welder to buy. But page 5 I was getting advice on how to get underwater welding jobs at offshore oil rigs in the gulf!

LOL Too funny. I am going to leave out the fact that I received 5 PM's about why I shouldn't have been outside at 1am...all from just 2 posters. WOW...lol

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
paulsang wrote:

I once posted a question on here asking about learning to weld and the best type of small welder to buy. But page 5 I was getting advice on how to get underwater welding jobs at offshore oil rigs in the gulf!

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know that guy! He posts on this forum all the time under many different names!

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
As many hotheads as I notice post on this site, I'm sure the perpetrator is lurking at this URL!
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
It had to be your fault! All those loud noises you were making, swallowing water, pages turning, and even breathing! What were you thinking?!!!
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Dixiechick wrote:
Sounds as if his wife was embarrassed by hubby's actions. I would just forget about the whole thing. Not worth getting upset over it.

I'm guessing it's not the first time she apologized for the actions of her husband, and it probably won't be the last.

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
emzee wrote:
I am glad it didn't come to anything, nowadays you never know. Glad he moved and you didn't have to.

Oh, I wouldn't have moved. We were there several days before they arrived, and are going to be here for another week or so.

My partner thinks it was because he was camped next to two guys. Didn't really think of that, but there is some merit to that line of thinking.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is no hope.....:(......Dennis

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG