cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grey water

Ronnietris
Explorer
Explorer
Is the bathroom sink in a class a supposed to be plumbed to the black or grey water tank?
10 REPLIES 10

jbrad13
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
jbrad13 wrote:
My kitchen sink goes to black water; bathroom sink goes to grey water

You sure? The manual on the Thor website says toilet goes to black, all other goes to gray. It also says you only have a 26 gallon black tank and it would surprise me that they would route a kitchen sink to such a small tank.

The waste water system is comprised of dual holding tanks with individual termination valves. The holding (solid waste) tank as indicated on your monitor panel, collects all the waste material from the toilet. The gray water tank collects all of the liquid waste
material from the sinks, drains, and showers. Both tanks are joined together after the termination valve to provide a single termination outlet for convenient dumping of waste materials. A flexible sewer hose (which is not provided) is required to make the connection between your unitโ€™s termination valve and the approved dump station inlet.

Yep, I'm sure. Another thing I'm sure of is to not depend too much on the Thor owners manual. Not a lot of useful information; everything is very general and not pertaining to my unit as is pointed out several times in the manual. I've learned more on this and other forums and talking to Thor owners when I'm out on the road.

Frosty_s_Mom
Explorer
Explorer
our bathroom sink as well as the shower goes to the black tank. only the kitchen sink goes to grey. i understand the need for more water for a better flush of the grey, but it generally results in a black tank needing dumping while the grey still has only approx one-third tank. kind of a weird configuration i think.
wee3-gin, clyde & the bichon frise
2002 Forest River Windsong-34' Class A
Workhorse 8.1 W22 with Allison Tranny

1996 Geo Tracker-4WD--"Trudy"
2003 Minnie Winnie 30V - "The Frosty Hauler" (Class C)
May the Angels guide your wheels and ride on your shoulder.

EricGT
Explorer
Explorer
jbrad13 wrote:

I have never heard of this. I'm not saying it isn't true though.

But ours is the opposite and we have started to make a habit of washing our hands in the kitchen sink. I am a bit of a germaphobe when it comes to clean hands.
2015 Thor A.C.E. 30.1 -'AliCE'

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
jbrad13 wrote:

You sure? The manual on the Thor website says toilet goes to black, all other goes to gray. It also says you only have a 26 gallon black tank and it would surprise me that they would route a kitchen sink to such a small tank.

The waste water system is comprised of dual holding tanks with individual termination valves. The holding (solid waste) tank as indicated on your monitor panel, collects all the waste material from the toilet. The gray water tank collects all of the liquid waste
material from the sinks, drains, and showers. Both tanks are joined together after the termination valve to provide a single termination outlet for convenient dumping of waste materials. A flexible sewer hose (which is not provided) is required to make the connection between your unitโ€™s termination valve and the approved dump station inlet.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

jbrad13
Explorer
Explorer

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
See your other post on this.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've had both. In one coach the bath sink fed directly in to the black tank and helped wash away solids below the toilet.

100ton
Explorer
Explorer
My (5th wheel) bathroom sink drains to the black tank.
'05 Ford F250 Crew Cab, PSD, 4X4, Short Bed, Camper & Tow Package, Limited Slip Differential
'05 CrossRoads, Cruiser 29RK
PullRite 16K SuperGlide

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I think the idea is for the ones that do go to the black tank, to provide extra water for a better flush when dumping.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Mine goes to the gray--but some RV's have that sink going to the black water tank.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.