cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Headlights stay on all the time

artillery6
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Discovery on a Spartan Chassis. We keep our coach plugged into a 30 amp circuit when at our stick built. Recently had 3 power outages right in a row. 2 were out and then back on and the third was out for 15 to 20 minutes. Wife and I went out to the coach to get it ready for an up coming trip. Turned on the key and first sign of trouble was no warning lights that usually come on before a start. No lights on the left side panel to include the transmission selector panel. Coach did start but there was nothing showing any of the instrument panel. Could not get the transmission to engage. I had air pressure but nothing registering on the instrument panel. All lights were on with key in off position but turn signals didn't work. Called Spartan and told to check all transmission/ lights fuses. Nothing burned out. Was told to unplug all connectors to fuse boxes did so and the transmission selector panel came back on line and I had the instrument panel back on line. Lights still stayed on. Got the coach to a repair center. They called Spartan and were to told to check a light control module. It was burned out. Waited 6 days and new module was installed, $1372 worth. Head lights still stay on all the time and now everything is closed for the 4th of July. Waiting on a Spartan tech to call on Monday. I'm thinking a 1/4 pound might be a solution? NAAH wouldn't do that. Thoughts?
7 REPLIES 7

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Something else to check....If you have a SmartWheel, the headlight operation runs through the SmartWheel control box.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Is it your HEADLIGHTS...or DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS? With mine, I pulled a 20amp fuse and the daytime running lights no longer work. Headlights work fine from the headlight switch.

just my 2 cents....FWIW.

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
ALWAYS use a surge protector when you are plugged in to anywhere.i keep my SouthWind in the side yard and have a surge protector plugged in at all times, Even at rv parks,even at my brothers house, ALWAYS,ALWAYS

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Unfortunately you get to pay for the technician's education while he learns how to troubleshoot.
On some coaches the headlight switch activates a RELAY that powers the headlights. These relays can go bad and stick in the on or off position.

artillery6
Explorer
Explorer
First thing the tech checked. Not the switch.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,d be after my $1300. bucks. and I,d replace the on,, off light switch. just had a switch go bad in the on position , nothing would shut off.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I