cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height

luv2skyski
Explorer
Explorer
Hello there. I usually hang out in the Truck Camper section of the forums because that is what we own. However, we've been thinking about upgrading. I've looked at a few manufacturers and seen 11'3" a few times and was wondering if that is the camper height without an air conditioning unit? So I guess my question is what kind of camper heights do you guys have? Thanks in advance, Dave.
2004 Northern Lite 10-2000RR, 1999 F250

luv2skyski.com

Northern Lite Owners

Truck Camper Enthusiasts Map

4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.
18 REPLIES 18

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Having a former rental, I think that the MFG height that comes from them is including the A/C.

The reason is that on the dash there was a sticker that said Clearance 11 Feet, When I got home I measured the RV at it's highest point, the A/C, it measured 10 Ft 6 in. So they gave some leeway.

But like Bobbo I don't drive under anything under 12 Ft.

Who knows who measured that bridge or awning or if the road has been repaved since the last measurement, Don't ask how I know that :B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Winnebago is 11 feet 3 inches to the top of the air conditioner, the highest point on the MH. That is, as long as the TV antenna is down. >G< I use a 12 foot rule. I won't drive UNDER anything that isn't at least 12 feet tall.

I would bet that wherever you got the 11'3", it was to the tallest point.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
mikeleblanc413 wrote:
Have traveled through overpasses that indicated 12.1 feet.

Just a grammatical correction, but, I DO HOPE you mean you "travelled UNDER overpasses that indicated 12.1 feet." LOL 🙂

There're these videos from 11foot8.com to bring the point home, especially this one of a Fifth Wheel and it's antenna/air conditioner. 🙂

To the OP, my Class A has a placard on the dash listing it's height as 12'. I slowly proceeded under an underpass marked 12' 6" and heard the CB antenna scrape the underside of the bridge. That was close enough for me! LOL I do believe that the published height should include the air conditioner if the A/C is considered standard equipment. If it's an option, then you'd definitely want to know whether or not it's included.

Practically, you should probably always give yourself some wiggle room, just in case they repaved the road and forgot to update the signs. 🙂

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
2000 Winnebago, Minnie Winnie DL, 11.5 with air conditioner. Have traveled through overpasses that indicated 12.1 feet.
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas