cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help! Cant raise bed

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood Storm bed won't go up. No click. Tried manual lift, wont budge.We are stuck here!
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35
5 REPLIES 5

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
It is my friend's. It is awaiting repairs. There is a 4x4x2 white control box in the corner by the motor. There are bolts on the front (coach front) of the trim in front of rear lifts. Supposedly, switching off rhe brake frees the bed for two people with ratchets (none will fit - we had to go buy ratcheting wrenches) to crank it up. With the plugs pulled we finally got the brake released. That worked... until the first bump where the bed dropped down! We had to reach up in that driver corner and find the plugs and put the brake back on.
It is a terrible design in every way. The panels are a puzzle, ratchets don't fit (even 1/4 drive), and you can get a 1/8th of a turn on the wrenches. Oh, and it takes two or it would be a two hour job (1/8th of a turn and a couple of minutes working the wrench into the impossibly tight spot on other side about 100 times. Pray it never breaks!
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35

atperci
Explorer
Explorer
Did you get the problem resolved? We have a 2010 Encounter (same model as the Storm) with the drop-down bunk, also. Just want to know for future reference (knock on wood) but where is the control board located? Is it near the motor? Once you disconnected the control board, did you lift the bed or is there a crank for it? We have no instructions for ours.

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'll check.
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35

Mikeborny
Explorer
Explorer
Try checking to see if wires got cut near the motor. I had that happen on my new 2010 right before I came to pick it up at the dealer.
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390bh-40
hauling 2 Berners,3 kids

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone ever faces this, we don't know the problem yet. We do know releasing the motor brake did NOT unlock for manual raising. Pulling all the wires on contril box by motor did release it for manual.
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35