cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP: Water on floor in back bedroom 31C 2004 Minnie

YellowSled
Explorer
Explorer
Guys.. Please see the attached picture. The red area is very wet and there is some moisture where the orange is on the floor. Most of the very wet concentration is the red circle.

I have no idea why the floor/carpet is soaked in the back bedroom. All I know is the grey water tank is right below that spot and the propane tank is below that. Why would water come up through the floor? Is there some kinda vent to the grey water tank right there? Please help, I don't want to get mold in my rig.

1995-Current USN, CTN1

2004 Winnebago Minnie 31C
16 REPLIES 16

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for reporting back. It helps us in the future in diagnosing other peoples' problems.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Turner__P
Explorer
Explorer
My fresh water tank is under the bed and I had a fitting loosen up and I got the wet carpet similar to this. Tightened the fittings and dried the carpet and all is good.
Paul T

YellowSled
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent news. Identified that it was coming off the waterpump. The pump is fine, the clamp just was loose on the output of the pump... When city water was connected, the pressure was to much for the clamp and it was leaking bad. Tightened it up, and dried the area out. All good! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for all the suggestions guys, it really helped..
1995-Current USN, CTN1

ReadyToGo
Explorer
Explorer
I think as someone else suggested, get the mattress out and unscrew the board under the bed.
Since that is where the water tank is, that is where all the water connection and lines are.
Now backtrack a little.
What where you doing 12 hours before you found the wet spot?
Filling the tank? Using the water pump? Using city water? Taking a shower? Etc.

Once the bed and board is off, start using the lines and see if you have a leak somewhere especially on things you were using.

That is a fairly large water spot to be just a small leak. Plus the water has to come from somewhere. Up from the floor? Kind of unlikely.
From under the bed? Most likely and that makes a good place to start hence getting the bed and board out.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
mobilefleet wrote:
can also be coming from window leak, leaking down inside wall and onto flooring under carpet. easy to remove window screws from interior trim ring, pop out window and reseal.

I would expect wetness starting at the wall if that were the case.
bumpy

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
can also be coming from window leak, leaking down inside wall and onto flooring under carpet. easy to remove window screws from interior trim ring, pop out window and reseal.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is right beside your fresh water tank, and all of its associated pumps/plumbing. Take off the mattress, unscrew the board below the mattress and remove it, and you can access all of the plumbing there.

My 2007 Outlook (Minnie was renamed Outlook in 2006) has it there too.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

YellowSled
Explorer
Explorer
no, nothing in the area that is dripping on to it. its very consolidated in that one spot. Almost like its coming up from the floor
1995-Current USN, CTN1

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I take it there is no AC or heater vent in the ceiling over that area?
bumpy

YellowSled
Explorer
Explorer
lol... no dog..
1995-Current USN, CTN1

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a dog? grin
'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
YellowSled wrote:
I believe the fresh water tank is in the back, under the bed area I think. .

most likely source.
bumpy

YellowSled
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the fresh water tank is in the back, under the bed area I think. I am very confident the grey water is right below the wet spot as I traced the outlet to the dump spout under the RV to outlet on the other side.
1995-Current USN, CTN1

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
a good point, i have seen some winnies with a water heater in the rear wall.
bumpy