cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With DVD Player

augustpilot
Explorer
Explorer
My 2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor has surround sound and 5 DVD player, it is original. Many speaker cables appear to hook into the rear of unit. If I want a new DVD player, they do not have all the speaker hook ups . How do I replace with new and get speakers to work? Some of you that are good at hooking up units may have a good idea on this. Thanks

Jim
2017 Rockwood 2906WS Ultra Light
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7. 4x4
Firestone Air Lift 1000, Equalizer Hitch
7 REPLIES 7

augustpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all replies, will try to follow the suggestions. Will try to find unit that plays DVDs and connect to all speakers.
2017 Rockwood 2906WS Ultra Light
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7. 4x4
Firestone Air Lift 1000, Equalizer Hitch

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Panasonic blu ray home theater system. I didn't need the speakers so they are sitting in the basement. The home theater unit worked great with my existing rv speakers.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Also, since your speakers are probably not "state of the art" (mine sure aren't), you could get a fairly inexpensive surround sound system at wallys or similar stores.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Go to Best Buy or similar store and look at home theater systems. That is what you will need to play your DVDs and to drive the surround speakers.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Most DVD players do not have an amplifier so there are no speaker hook-ups for surround sound. You will need to play the DVD through a surround sound amplifier which is where your speakers will be hooked up.

This.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
My sound system (DVD, Radio, surround sound etc.) the DVD stopped working.

Bought a stand alone DVD PLAYER (Walmart $30). Plugged it into AC outlet and plugged the output into 'aux' position on sound system.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most DVD players do not have an amplifier so there are no speaker hook-ups for surround sound. You will need to play the DVD through a surround sound amplifier which is where your speakers will be hooked up.